Super Famicom finally arrived from Ebay, got a few questions.

• Thread starter tigers_ran
  • Start date
  • Views 1,505
  • Replies 5
T

tigers_ran

OP
Earlier today I finally got my Super Famicom from the post office, but there are 3 problems with it

1. There are yellow stains all over it which I am trying to remove. I have a gamebit screwdriver so I can take it apart and wash it safely, but what cleaning chemical would be the best for the job?

2. What would be the best NTSC->PAL converter to use to convert to the signal so it will display on my PAL only TV. Another possibility would be a meathod to mod the Super Famicom to output PAL60.

3. It didn't come with a power adaptor so I was wanting to try using a Mega Drive adaptor as the link below claims it will work, but I wanted to double check before I bought a Mega Drive whether the site means a PAL one or a Japanese one. A different option would be a meathod to mod the 9 volt power adaptor for a PAL SNES which I already have so it will output 10 volts instead.

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/console/nintendo/snes-power.htm

I'll upload photos after I get these problems sorted out and my PowerPak ships over.

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You can't clean that yellowing. It's caused by a chemical change that effected more than just the surface. It's something that happens to a lot of old computers and pretty much every early model of SNES/Super Famicom.

T

tigers_ran

OP
Star Ocean is the reason why I got myself a PowerPak and not an Everdrive. Won't be needing your decompression patch, I managed to find one on Romhacking.net, thanks for the offer though (:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.