Super Famicom finally arrived from Ebay, got a few questions.

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by tigers_ran, Mar 17, 2011.

1. tigers_ran
    OP

tigers_ran Newbie

Earlier today I finally got my Super Famicom from the post office, but there are 3 problems with it

1. There are yellow stains all over it which I am trying to remove. I have a gamebit screwdriver so I can take it apart and wash it safely, but what cleaning chemical would be the best for the job?

2. What would be the best NTSC->PAL converter to use to convert to the signal so it will display on my PAL only TV. Another possibility would be a meathod to mod the Super Famicom to output PAL60.

3. It didn't come with a power adaptor so I was wanting to try using a Mega Drive adaptor as the link below claims it will work, but I wanted to double check before I bought a Mega Drive whether the site means a PAL one or a Japanese one. A different option would be a meathod to mod the 9 volt power adaptor for a PAL SNES which I already have so it will output 10 volts instead.

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/console/nintendo/snes-power.htm

I'll upload photos after I get these problems sorted out and my PowerPak ships over.

Thanks in advance [​IMG]

2. thaddius

Member thaddius Charmander is not pleased.

Canada
    You can't clean that yellowing. It's caused by a chemical change that effected more than just the surface. It's something that happens to a lot of old computers and pretty much every early model of SNES/Super Famicom.

3. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
  4. tigers_ran
    OP

tigers_ran Newbie

5. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    Powerpak is GREAT. must have for retro gamers everywhere.

You should play Star Ocean. [​IMG]

I have the rom decompression patch (taken off of the translation website, VERY hard to track down now) if you want it. [​IMG]

6. tigers_ran
    OP

tigers_ran Newbie

Star Ocean is the reason why I got myself a PowerPak and not an Everdrive. Won't be needing your decompression patch, I managed to find one on Romhacking.net, thanks for the offer though (: