Super Famicom finally arrived from Ebay, got a few questions.

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by tigers_ran, Mar 17, 2011.

1. tigers_ran
    OP

tigers_ran Newbie

Earlier today I finally got my Super Famicom from the post office, but there are 3 problems with it

1. There are yellow stains all over it which I am trying to remove. I have a gamebit screwdriver so I can take it apart and wash it safely, but what cleaning chemical would be the best for the job?

2. What would be the best NTSC->PAL converter to use to convert to the signal so it will display on my PAL only TV. Another possibility would be a meathod to mod the Super Famicom to output PAL60.

3. It didn't come with a power adaptor so I was wanting to try using a Mega Drive adaptor as the link below claims it will work, but I wanted to double check before I bought a Mega Drive whether the site means a PAL one or a Japanese one. A different option would be a meathod to mod the 9 volt power adaptor for a PAL SNES which I already have so it will output 10 volts instead.

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/console/nintendo/snes-power.htm

I'll upload photos after I get these problems sorted out and my PowerPak ships over.

Thanks in advance [​IMG]

2. thaddius

thaddius Charmander is not pleased.

May 5, 2008
    Canada
    You can't clean that yellowing. It's caused by a chemical change that effected more than just the surface. It's something that happens to a lot of old computers and pretty much every early model of SNES/Super Famicom.

3. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
  4. tigers_ran
    OP

tigers_ran Newbie

5. Schlupi

Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

Aug 31, 2007
    United States
    Rozen Queen Co, Chicago Branch
    Powerpak is GREAT. must have for retro gamers everywhere.

You should play Star Ocean. [​IMG]

I have the rom decompression patch (taken off of the translation website, VERY hard to track down now) if you want it. [​IMG]

6. tigers_ran
    OP

tigers_ran Newbie

Star Ocean is the reason why I got myself a PowerPak and not an Everdrive. Won't be needing your decompression patch, I managed to find one on Romhacking.net, thanks for the offer though (:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice