Sup Game Box tempering?

CMDreamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, first of all, Happy New Year everyone!

I've recently bought a nifty Sup Game Box portable console (chinese NES clone), and I'm thinking about tempering it.

An image below so you can have an idea what portable I'm talking about:
https://resources.claroshop.com/medios-plazavip/mkt/5db066de3cdcb_w2jpg.jpg

Can (please) someone point me in the right direction into achieving this goal?

If this subject can't be talked about on Temp, sorry about it, and mods can delete/move this thread freely (as if the need my approval for doing it... LOL).

Solution
I am assuming you are asking about modification yes?
if so assume that you are the first one to do it. these handhelds are usually nes on a chip clones or tiny linux distros. easiest method would probably be to find out what nand if any it uses and see if it writable in any way or form. From there you would probably need to figure out a way to replace whatever the files it uses. However given that you are asking if there is any pre-documented method I would not advise you delve into this. This sort of thing requires a bit more advanced knowledge on Nand flashing with less known chipsets and quite a bit of risk.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am not sure what you are asking about and I am presuming it is not a typo if you have it twice, nor what it might be a typo for (tampering with things being a fairly popular activity around here, though an odd term to use). A search did not yield anything of note either.

I can temper chocolate, I can temper steel, I can temper glass, you can have a temper and it also appears to be the collective noun some use for members of this site, and as pertaining to this site then while I have never seen it used as a verb it is usually only a short step to it. However I have no idea what tempering a console might entail, much less why you would think you can't talk about it around here, especially if it is related to the materials processing stuff from the previous part (you have been active here more than long enough to know we deal in modification of devices).

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am assuming you are asking about modification yes?
if so assume that you are the first one to do it. these handhelds are usually nes on a chip clones or tiny linux distros. easiest method would probably be to find out what nand if any it uses and see if it writable in any way or form. From there you would probably need to figure out a way to replace whatever the files it uses. However given that you are asking if there is any pre-documented method I would not advise you delve into this. This sort of thing requires a bit more advanced knowledge on Nand flashing with less known chipsets and quite a bit of risk.

Solution

CMDreamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@FAST6191. Thanks for the answer... Considering we're at GBATemp (and we all know why we're here), the use of the term follows the context.

@WD_GASTER2. After creating this question-thread, I've made some investigation and found about the Famiclone/NES-on-a-chip concept/term. And I really found a lot of information, some of which stated exactly what you answered. So I will need to discover which NAND this device uses, and find out if it can be rewrited/dumped on a not so complicated way.
I have knowledge about electronics, programming IC's, programming languages, developing electronic devices, and so on. Thanks a lot for your answer.

I just wanted to know if there had been some intents of hacking this little device before, so I didn't had to start from scratch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: