ROM Hack Summon Night Craft Sword Monogatari

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yeah, i asked for help there.

Im kinda busy right now, but you would do well getting help from blackdog61 @ romhacking.net forums, he was working with this stuff.

Xeliaely

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd really like to see this project done. It's sad to have seen this project die out, rekindled and die out again. Rinse and repeat. I know naught of the ways of hacking, but if there's anything that even a novice can do I'd be happy to help. :)

Reactions: Pablitox

toastyfishsticks

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey. I made an account to put some input into this. I remember seeing this project when I was a bit younger and I was sad it never got finished. My Summon Night obsession has recently been rekindled and I'd love to help in anyway I can. I'm still learning Japanese but I'll do my best.

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey. I made an account to put some input into this. I remember seeing this project when I was a bit younger and I was sad it never got finished. My Summon Night obsession has recently been rekindled and I'd love to help in anyway I can. I'm still learning Japanese but I'll do my best.

Here's what left to do:
what is needed is to check for inconsistent terms throughout the script as an example, when you sleep in bed you get the message "you feel refreshed !" so that is what you have to change in the script, so it matches that line as for names like gumag flame ruins or cities names for the third one, you could make a poll to decide what the name will be, so it can be used consistently in the game
The other thing left to do is, while playing the game, and using the script as a guide, is to write who is saying that line(NPC,Ritchie/Rif,Anise,Welworen,etc), and the corresponding char's portrait (could be something like [sad][angry][happy])

Reactions: toastyfishsticks

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So anybody up the task of script editing? Seriously I really want to get this done, but without help it will be imposible.

It does NOT help you guys are just a bunch of random dwellers with the "oh it's ready?" " where's the patch?""how do i shot webz?"seriously, those questions sucks, you may very well start with the script, It may not help finish this damn project, but It will later make the job of inserting it easier (or I hope it will)

rant over.
That's a good initiative, you may ask macaronron for help and start proofreading the script.

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
we moved to the golden sun hacking community forum, those who want to help can register there!

we need someone to help with hacking and some proofreaders

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
NEW PROGRESS:

As I said above these last days we had a nice progress in our project. Though it means we did a redump of the script, it is still a great step towards the completition of the translation. With that we can make a more complete script, as we had some bits missing, and we started with the opcodes to finish the translation.

Great thanks to aent for the awesome job!

SummonNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello i just started highschool and my teacher who teaches Software development said he would be able to help when i brought it up to him!! Would someone mind giving me the current link to the development process so i can give it to him?

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Progress has being doing well lately, and aent is currently taking care of that front. We will stick to that as I know they are doing their best. Beware it will be a lengthy process, but it will be done.

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Shojx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys i love the summon night series even played the ds version. First off i just wanna say you are really appreciated for what your doing cause ive seen this come and go and ppl say they gonna do it then really terminate the whole process and ive read all the threads back to the beginning with Ritchburn being leader and i just wanna say thank you and that I would love to help in any way i can. I dont really have any background with Japanese language or hacking but willing to learn to help if you tell me what i can do to be of help ill be sure to try my best at it.:lol:

NobileRogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently working to get into ITT, while there I'm going to learn programming, when done I'm gonna make it my life's work to translate this game, as well as many other on the gba (like Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest aka Dragon Quest Heroes 1). Too many great games were never translated. The problem with waiting for Summon Night X Tears Crown rom to be translated (like some have suggested) is that NDS emulators are virtually incapable of playing roms at full speed, so you can't fully enjoy the game. That's why I'm 100% dedicated to making sure that this game is translated, I've been waiting 7 yrs for this game (since I beat #2) and I will not accept anyone abandoning this project. I've got a talent for hacking, if you abandon this, I will find you and slap some sense into ya. (Heads up, I'm from the south so I mean it)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Purple_Heart, the one i installed has the voices from the latam dub of the anime