Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
I don't buy into the "I'm special and deserve more attention than everyone else because I'm non-binary" or whatever other label you or anyone else wants to slap on someone, or on themself.
hmmmm maybe it's not that we're mad about, maybe, as unbelieveable as it may seem, we don't feel the greatest about the fact that someone FUCKING KILLED THEMSELVES and all you think is "well their gender identity is stupid"

Julie_Pilgrim

Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Except. no. You're absolutely wrong. I was the one that was AGAINST bringing gender identity into the news of their death. You're pointing your finger at the wrong person.
no, THIS is what you said:
Or, people could just not cause any more division than there already is. Time to stop with the labels, 1,001 genders, special flags, etc. etc. etc. How about just being a human? I know this will upset some people but... shrug. If the suicide is true, it's a very horrible and sad thing. However, I don't feel there was even reason for your post. No one here was disrespectfully calling them he, she, or anything else.
which is basically "well their gender is stupid and we shouldn't respect it"

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
You know how in old movie, when the computer is hacked and our "hacker" can't seem to win, some old guy just come up to the computer and pull the plug. I feel sad that most people don't figured that out when it come to cyberbully.

Julie_Pilgrim

Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
You know how in old movie, when the computer is hacked and our "hacker" can't seem to win, some old guy just come up to the computer and pull the plug. I feel sad that most people don't figured that out when it come to cyberbully.
tbf, they were doxxed

Last edited by Julie_Pilgrim,

protomouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I saw the update, my heart sank. Rest in peace.

I've been in the community primarily as a consumer of the hard work of others. You really only need one look at Near's work to see what a brilliant and talented individual they were. In the wake of what's happened, I deeply regret that I didn't let them know how much I appreciate the countless hours of joy their work has brought me. My thoughts are with their family and friends.

Many hours were spent in school computer rooms playing SNES games with my friends. ZSNES was the popular emulator back then, but an accurate one it was not. Several games had sound glitches and some would flat out crash. And that's not to mention the numerous graphical errors that we never noticed because we didn't actually know how the games were supposed to look. bsnes was an eye-opener for me. Not only that, but Near's stated opinion that accuracy matters changed my perception of emulation from "a means to play console games on PC" to "this is important for preservation". And it changed the very scene itself, for sure.

That Google Doc is heartbreaking, and I do hope that reality catches up to those responsible before long. Also, shame on those who are victim blaming in this thread. What the fuck is wrong with you?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are... are you okay?
Are you stuck in another century or smth?

He's not, he's probably hopped up on crack cocaine. Probably doesn't even have a job and gets off by spouting out bullshit. He's incapable of showing respect for those who've suffered mental illness.

LunarRXA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I hurt your feelings, kiddo. Want a fucking tissue? Here, here's a whole box full. Now you can wipe the shit out of your mouth too.

You can't handle being called out on the implications of your opinion. Otherwise you wouldn't feel the need to be defensive, passive aggressive, and unnecessarily hostile. The truth is that, right now, in this thread people are trying to help you understand that your opinion is flawed. If you reacted this way to a friend, co-worker or loved one that's on the fence of coming out this way, they'd be super uncomfortable, and distance themselves from you. You would have good intentions, but you would implicitly be making them feel unwelcome.

You think that you're being inclusive when the reality is that you're being dismissive by not respecting a deliberate choice that someone made knowing full well that it would make them vulnerable. They didn't make that choice for "attention" or to be "unique," they did it because it felt comfortable and thought that it would be socially acceptable -- that their choice would be supported and respected by their friends, people that care about them and people in similar situations.

Making this sort of choice is personal and has nothing to do with accommodating for other people's thoughts, beliefs or opinions because their opinions are irrelevant. What you're basically saying is the equivalent of the frustration people have with "All Lives Matter," vs. "Black Lives Matter."

Last edited by LunarRXA,

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I've already addressed the chain of emails. There's a lot more going on than just that one link.

Like what ?..... I have not seen any evidence so far that he was targeted or constantly harassed, nor does he mentioned anything of the sort on his e-mails.

Passing it off as just that thread has been a dismissive tactic by Kiwi and deliberately ignores the harassment and and stalking that happened outside of Kiwi. The thread was the source of problem for their life because of harassment toward both themself and their loved ones that came out of the thread. The deliberate misinformation is pretending members of Kiwifarms just kept to the forums and nothing else. Members of Kiwifarms never just stick to a thread, they actively go out of their way to ruin lives.

and whats your source? or where do you get this from? He had basically no online presence (as he deleted everything more than 1 year ago), so where exactly was he being harassed or stalked? also he was never doxxed personally, theres no info about him and he never mentioned this

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, you are acting so fucking immature.

Oh, please. I was not the one who was told from the get go that I was a psychopath, disgusting, being asked what the fuck is wrong with me, told to grow up, and several other very rude comments and names called that have since been removed because they were shit posts. Yet when I reacted back to how I was being treated... I'm the bad guy? You can gtfo too. And you all want to talk about cyber bullying? Bunch of HYPOCRITES! A guy died and you lot want to go on an argument about gender identity. Seriously. All of you. Hypocritical bullies. Gtfo.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this community makes me sad at times

Yeah, no kidding. Remind me again why people can just grow a fucking pair and show their respect for those who suffered and moved on, instead of, you know, being a bunch of conceited assclowns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Sigh