Gaming Suggest games for younger player

Gedi223

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm letting my 2 1/2 year old use the DS lite of his older brother since we now have the DSi. He has been playing several games on the iphone for about 8 months now and can easily find the games he wants, and at times has tried to play his brothers DS and is using the stylus well.

Any suggestions from other users with younger kids using a DSLite?

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Super Princess Peach, Yoshi's Island DS, Kirby Canvas Curse, Pac-Pix and Rhythm Heaven should be perfect.
happy.gif

WioWao

Trophies
XP
Country
Vincent T said:
Isn't he a little to young to play a DS lite? Since the minumum DS games ratings are 7+ till Teen or Mature. So, I don't know any games that are for 2 year olds.
hni0029.jpg

The DS itself is 3+ xD

But theres a list here:
http://www.gameseek.co.uk/Games/NintendoDS/Children/

I dont know any of theese game though. But Nintendogs seems easy to play if you help her with the voice thingie first she can play with the dogs without teaching them more voicethings.
Watch here how its played: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE6CKEsWQuI i dont know how much a 2 ½ year old can do besides drooling xD

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even though i dont play it as much now, i would recommend mario kart ds. it was the first game i ever got and once i tried it, iloved it. also, i believe its simple enough for him to play. also, theres this one hamtaro game tha t he will probably like, dora games, and The Legendary Starfy are some good games too

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Quickspot is a pretty simple and easy to understand. They also made a sequel but was in japanese only. Highly recommend it for younger kids, and you can play it with single-card download play, and kinda half circle the objects to give them hints etc.

qwsed

Trophies
XP
Country
Mario Kart
Kirby series
Dragon Quest - Rocket Slime
Super Mario games
Soul Bubble
Cookie & Cream
Rayman Raving Rabbids series
Starfy
Giana Sisters
Yoshi Touch & Go
Yoshis Island DS

Are at the top of my mind!

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rhythm Heaven was so awesome (And its pretty hilarious too)
Dragon Quest-Rocket Slime might be a good one too....(Pretty cute story, wasnt hard, very very fun)
Elebits-Kai and Zero was pretty good too.
Maybe Megaman Star Force 1/2/3? (I started playing Battle Network when i was only 11 or so, and loved it)

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only "game" I really recommend for a 3 year old on DS would be pictochat.
My friend and I draw pictures with his 3 year old daughter via wifi and have a blast.

In my opinion, most actual games are going to be too complex for a child of that age to comprehend.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
People are suggesting Rhythm Heaven for TWO YEAR OLD CHILD?! I'd really want to see that kid that's able to play such game at the age of 2-3!

The best games would be ones that are visually attractive, and where you can't die (easily), where are no enemies that attack you, or where you don't have to use more then one button at once (firing while walking, running then jumping, etc.)

From the top of my head, only Electroplankton comes in mind, and obviously, not all "modes" of the game..
Any kind of platformer is too hard for such young kinds..I mean, some Super Mario games are hard for a regular players at the age 15+..
Just because the game is colorful, doesn't mean very young kids can play it and understand it!

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd say either Mario Kart, or PictoImage.

Mario Kart is a game that I played when I was about 6 on the Nintendo 64, and that was pretty easy to pick up. If your 2 1/2 year old kid can play iPhone games, then I wouldn't be surprised if he could play Mario Kart.

PictoImage is great for kids too; especially if he has an older brother. It's a great multiplayer game that groups of children can play together with no problems.
smile.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gedi223 said:
I'm letting my 2 1/2 year old use the DS lite of his older brother since we now have the DSi. He has been playing several games on the iphone for about 8 months now and can easily find the games he wants, and at times has tried to play his brothers DS and is using the stylus well.

Any suggestions from other users with younger kids using a DSLite?
To be honest I'd say your asking for trouble letting a 2 1/2 year old play a DS so early. I gave my 5 yo brother (4 at the time) my old Phat DS, he broke it because he never closes it when he walks, he also fell down stairs playing it.

With that said, he can figure out a lot of games, but there is a BIG difference between 2 1/2 and 5. Most of the old platformer games (Princess Peach, etc suggested here) are good as their replay value are very high, so even if he sucks awfully at it, he won't mind.

Gedi223

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should have seen the look on the guys face at EB when he was playing my iphone.

He likes Pocket God, Galaxia (yes he actually does move the ship and shoot the bad guys), stick wars, tap tap revenge (but I think jsut because of the music, Topple, Tower Blocks, and collapse...so trying to find games similiar. Thanks for all the suggestions and the links.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.