Hacking suddenly getting disc read errors on multiple games?

priapism

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i haven't changed anything important on my Wii but for the past few days i have been getting random DRE. i have a modchip installed and i don't use any type of backup loader. these are games that i have played for the past few weeks with no problems at all. i use Sony media which i feel is high quality and it has always worked.

any idea about why my Wii is suddenly not reading games that it has in the past?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
priapism said:
i haven't changed anything important on my Wii but for the past few days i have been getting random DRE. i have a modchip installed and i don't use any type of backup loader. these are games that i have played for the past few weeks with no problems at all. i use Sony media which i feel is high quality and it has always worked.

any idea about why my Wii is suddenly not reading games that it has in the past?

clean your drive
wink.gif

priapism

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like with compressed air?

i should also specify that a game will run fine for like 5 minutes then i can here the disc slow down and it will eventually stop all together. then i get the DRE.

so, dirty drive?

priapism

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
porchemasi said:
Sony media is crap, enough said

Verbatim or Ridata, close this thread

XD

it can't all of a sudden be the media though, right? i have games on the same Sony media that i burned over a year ago and they work fine. now some games i burned a few weeks ago used to work and all of a sudden stopped and its a media problem?

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
priapism said:
porchemasi said:
Sony media is crap, enough said

Verbatim or Ridata, close this thread

XD

it can't all of a sudden be the media though, right? i have games on the same Sony media that i burned over a year ago and they work fine. now some games i burned a few weeks ago used to work and all of a sudden stopped and its a media problem?

If you haven't changed media then its either going to be a dirty drive or a dying drive, simple as.

FYI porchemasi, some sony media uses tayio yuden dye, not all of it is bad.

porchemasi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It is the media, it has happened to me! my 1st copies of Zelda and Wario that i burnt on Kodak's worked for afew days then ..... poof they stoped working

the pits and valleys on the disc fade and after enough errors the wii just sends out a DRE error

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill