Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
What were you doing when that happened (like does it occur when you open a certain menu, or do a specific thing, or just how do you replicate it), do you have decky-loader installed, and if you do, what plugins do you have?
Did you update recently? Are you on the stable branch? or are you on preview?
This. This error usually means the JavaScript engine crashed, and the typical source is skins and mods. It happens on desktops, too. If you're using any that are resource intensive, it'll cause this. Downloading a game increases the likelihood of this, because the Steam downloader requires a lot of CPU power.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
._. I mean, the error message literally says what went wrong (tl;dr: something somewhere said "Open this url for me in the browser" and proceeded to not give a url), I just don't know the origin. If it's an issue that Valve introduced or if it's a plugin.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
._. I mean, the error message literally says what went wrong (tl;dr: something somewhere said "Open this url for me in the browser" and proceeded to not give a url), I just don't know the origin. If it's an issue that Valve introduced or if it's a plugin.
And that could mean anything, really. The client could have crashed before being able to supply the missing parameter, which is why that particular error is showed. I've only ever experienced this while downloading a game, and injecting a skin with SFP on an underpowered machine. The skin I used had extra animations for the library view, and it also used JavaScript to change the header bar icons. Now that I'm on a much better PC, I never run into this problem. That said, I'm not implying that this is a resource problem. It could be, considering how limited the Deck is, but it could also just be a conflicting combination of things. Only way to really track it down would be to revert back to vanilla Steam, and apply things one at a time until the culprit is found.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if Rockstar Launcher, then its their own drm.

Might have to do with the DRM

1700679953279.png

As you can see there are DRM for Epic Game Launcher, Rockstar Game Launcher and Steam.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head