Apple submitting an app for iOS.. the process and steps.

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
what are the steps need to submit app for iOS?

- which software do you use to submit it?
- what does apple do or check?
- how long does it take?
- how much payments do you need to pay to submit an app?

anything else.

thanks in advance.

Ivan Garcia

Trophies
Website
www.igarcias.es
XP
Country
what are the steps need to submit app for iOS? Have an iOS developer device (Just a normal one with a dev account)

- which software do you use to submit it? You should use XCode since is the program you should use to code it.
- what does apple do or check? All the f***king source...
- how long does it take? Mine was about 1 week.
- how much payments do you need to pay to submit an app? Just the developer account each year, about 100$

:D

Reactions: Flame

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
what are the steps need to submit app for iOS? Have an iOS developer device (Just a normal one with a dev account)

- which software do you use to submit it? You should use XCode since is the program you should use to code it.
- what does apple do or check? All the f***king source...
- how long does it take? Mine was about 1 week.
- how much payments do you need to pay to submit an app? Just the developer account each year, about 100$

:D

thank you so much.

but another question you have to submit your source code? even mega big companies do this?

Last edited by Flame,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Step 1 is you need an apple developer account
https://developer.apple.com/programs/
Cost varies but generally it is $99 a year for the account. You can do it all from there.
Do remember you need certain apple hardware or the ability to slip through a hackintosh to actually develop things.

https://developer.apple.com/programs/how-it-works/

Checking wise I am not sure of the current stuff.
Generally you certify your application does not fall foul of their regs ( https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/ for the basic overview). There have been many instances of applications dodging this, most notably the torch/flashlight apps which included hidden wifi hotspot/3g modem support when various service providers did not want that. That said they probably have some half decent means of scanning and function checking.

How long varies with how much they have going on and how much you have in the application. ye basic torch application being a rather different thing to a fully robust social network. More than 10 working days would be a long time though.

I don't think you do need to pay, though there may be instances where you do need to pay something if you want different certificates and the like (certain things IOS does may require different certs).

If on the other hand you want to make a website and get people to make a link on their desktop then that is free. Similarly if you don't want to go all the way you can invite your mates into the beta.

swabbo

Wot u doin readin dis m8?
Trophies
XP
Country
Generally you certify your application does not fall foul of their regs ( https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/ for the basic overview). There have been many instances of applications dodging this, most notably the torch/flashlight apps which included hidden wifi hotspot/3g modem support when various service providers did not want that. That said they probably have some half decent means of scanning and function checking.

Lulz I remember when this made it's way on to the AppStore

Last edited by swabbo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1