OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm bored enough to play a Yu-Gi-Oh! game on my DS, but there are so many to choose from that I don't know how to specifically look for the features I'd like in the games...

So here they are:
1. Have to input the ID of the card to use it. (NO POINT/MONEY USING)
2. No cards newer than the cards in the battle city arc.
3. Traditional Deck rules.
4. Must be fun.

Yeah, that's all I want... And since the 4th one is always fulfilled and the 3rd occasionally...... 1 and 2 are my only problems...
I mean, if that kind of Yugioh game doesn't exist, then i'm fine with that.....

But if you have some sort of alternate suggestion, that'll be great, but it must follow 2 3 and 4 because I hate all the cards that came after battle city. Like a plague of fail, that... Just like advanced deck rules. Those suck too.

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
2008 is/was the best one I have played, there are newer cards than #2 but the rest of the game is great.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Inunah said:
XWolf said:
2008 is/was the best one I have played, there are newer cards than #2 but the rest of the game is great.
If it has the elemental heroes I won't like it. D:
Well I guess you wont be playing it then. You are not forced to use the new cards but if you truley wish t avaoid them, play Nightmare Trubadore as it is quite a good game that you can insert Card ID's into, at a price.

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
NT was a good game, dead cheap now too. For some reason a lot easier to find over 2008 as well!

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
..I just looked it up. The graphics in that game suck, even for a yugioh game. I will not be playing Nightmare Troubador.

And while i'm thinking about it.. Wasn't Nightmare Troubador the name of a crappy Yugioh game for the gamecube??

Edgedancer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you are so vain that you will not touch the ONLY title that meets your criteria because of the graphics, well then you are an idiot. I knwo this is flaming but isn't the point of Yugioh to use card strategies to win rather than look as the actually graphics because there is not huge increase in quality over the numerous games.

Also, the Gamecube title was called the Falsebound Kingdom and it is a horrible game, unlike Nightmare Trubador.

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
The only time gfx matter in a YGO game would be 5Ds 2009 - they have tried to make the board 3D and it hurts the eyes, the new gfx layout does not work!

However, NT, 2007 and 2008 are perfect.

ragingchaosgod

JUBILEUS QAAL OVOF VOMSARG
Trophies
Website
therokuryu.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Troubadour wasn't as bad as ya think, really. I miss the oh so classic "The Sacred Cards". Battle City.
rofl2.gif

I just can't seem to see the appeal of 5Ds, IMHO.
>> The duel cycle thing...

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Well i've been trying out Spirit Caller.... Before you ask, yes i'm braving the word of the elemental heroes... Don't like the non-tutorial for deck building... I wasted 20 minutes figuring out how to do that, and it's more simple than cabbage on a plate..
I don't like the fact that you go around for half the game with no objective.... I mean, of course I know your objective is to duel, but it's hard enough figuring out the controls, let alone find a guy who will be in the immediate viscinity to your location who will say more than "I'm not dueling a Slifer Red!" (Since Slifer Reds are too easy for me except for that one guy and I kinda lost to the blue haired kid and am still grumpy about losing the first match of the game, I go for yellows and blues... Half the yellows and all the blues tell me no duel.)
I think i'll try one of the tournament games, since this promising game has some fine gameplay despite bad points that impair it for me.

And about the graphics being horrible on NT, I was talking about the graphics used for the 2D card representations (in the duel, not in the description or likewise)... You can't even tell what the heck they're representing until you know what card it is. I'd at least like to vaguely remember the card or see what it is before using it.

Edgedancer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Inunah said:
And about the graphics being horrible on NT, I was talking about the graphics used for the 2D card representations (in the duel, not in the description or likewise)... You can't even tell what the heck they're representing until you know what card it is. I'd at least like to vaguely remember the card or see what it is before using it.
Why does that matter a huge deal. If you want to use the card, you are going to need to actually go over to the card itself so you may as well read the description. I do not see how this could have been improved over the games.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Spirit Caller was pretty boring. Dunno what game to recommend since your criteria is pretty strict, and you didn't like NT or SC. Try the WC series, I'm currently playing Stardust Accelerator.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free