Stupid SD Micro Adapters!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Skyline969, May 3, 2009.

May 3, 2009

Stupid SD Micro Adapters! by Skyline969 at 5:05 AM (1,028 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Skyline969
    OP

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    Alright, so I've purchased 2 SD Micro cards in the past, and they both came with an SD adapter. However, both of them have died on me (either won't read the card or says it's corrupt and must be formatted) while the USB TF reader that came with my M3 Real is still reading both cards. I now use the 2 gig one in my cell phone, and my 4 gig is in my M3... I know the adapters are screwed because the SD Micro card isn't corrupted - Sakura's disk check finishes without any hassle.

Now then, onto my question: Which TF reader on DealExtreme is cheap and very reliable in your experience? I need to get another one as I'm sure my USB TF reader that came with my M3 Real will die on me soon, and I don't want to be reader-less for any period of time.

Thanks in advance! [​IMG]

2. unz

Member unz Chaotic Neutral

Australia
    I can't comment on anything available from DX.

But if you want cheap and reliable, you can't beat this little beauty...

[​IMG]
    The Sandisk MobileMate microSD card reader

I got mine from my local cellphone store, but Amazon sells them too.

3. Skyline969
    OP

Canada
    @unz: Unfortunately, that specific one you showed me only ships in the US. I live in Canada. [​IMG] But SanDisk products are always reliable. I'll check NewEgg, and if they don't have it I'll check Staples/Future Shop/. Thanks. [​IMG]

EDIT: Looking around, I can't find this one anywhere locally. However, I'll keep looking. In the meantime, can anyone recommend something from DealExtreme or somewhere else with low prices and free shipping?

4. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    How about a clone of that. [​IMG]

5. Smartpal

Member Smartpal The Guitar Guy

India
    The Sandisk one is awesome, bit more expensive but worth it.

6. nico445

Member nico445 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
  7. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    yea, same one I got been using it for almost a year now and still working great
    got mine for $1.50 though on amazon

8. Dteyn

Member Dteyn GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    My recommendation is this one:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.6277

It comes with the CycloDS and the EDGE flash cards, from my experience it is very reliable and has never let me down. Unlike the "world's smallest" ones that come with the DSTT and are complete pieces of crap, and also unlike the cheap no-name microSD-to-SD adapters that come with some microSD cards.

I highly recommend this guy as it's never let me down, always reads/writes fast etc. I'm also sure the other recommendations are good too, but just wanted to throw another one out there. [​IMG]

Edit: Just wanted to add, it works great with SDHC cards as well (unlike some of the other readers I've tried)

9. Skyline969
    OP

Canada
    Thanks, Dteyn and nico445. I'll get one of those two (probably the more expensive one because more expensive is usually better in cases like these [​IMG]) and then I'll get the SanDisk one when I find it around here.

10. darkwish

Newcomer darkwish Newbie

United States
    Did your SD adapters ever work at all? I think the problem is not the SD adapters, but that your SD reader won't read SDHC SD cards. So even if you use the SD adapters, you change the size, but that doesn't negate the fact that they are SDHC card, and need a reader that is capable of SDHC.

11. Skyline969
    OP

Canada
    The reader is built right into my Dell laptop - an Inspiron 1525. And yes, they both did work for a while and then just decided to stop one day for no reason.