Stupid question or maybe not.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by quinterrya, Nov 19, 2014.

1. quinterrya
    OP

quinterrya Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2006
    United States
    I been reading these past few days about the cubic ninja game and using it for homebrew. My question is...since I have a Gateway card, can I just store the cubic ninja rom on it and load the homebrew that way?

2. MichiS97

MichiS97 "Leftist snowflake milennial"

GBAtemp Patron
    MichiS97 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Bavaria
    You probably will be able to do that. However, there is no need to. If you're on 4.X and you have a Gatway then you won't need SSSpwn, since GW can handle Homebrew as well

quinterrya likes this.
  3. ground

ground GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 22, 2007
    Netherlands
    if you are on 4.5 yes. If you are above 4.5 you need to wait until gateway releases their update.

But why do you want to load homebrew this way if gateway is capable of loading it?

quinterrya likes this.
  4. quinterrya
    OP

quinterrya Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2006
    United States
    K

Knowledge is power. I read on another thread that someone own a Gateway and was trying to buy the cubic ninja game. Also, I didn't know Gateway red card was capable of homebrew. I thought on the gateway blue card was (which is not the same).

5. Pestilence204

Pestilence204 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 15, 2014
    Canada
    The red card has been capable of running homebrew since May. So quite a while

6. Ryft

Ryft GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2013
    United States
    Illinois
    My fear is that the homebrew channel will work in a way that requires homebrew to be designed so it will only work with it.. Little paranoid i know but I just want to cover all my bases.

7. ground

ground GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 22, 2007
    Netherlands
    i don't see that happening. And if it does you can always launch the exploit through gateway (supposing it will work on gateway)

8. Ryft

Ryft GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2013
    United States
    Illinois
    Yeah with that much speculation, i don't want to risk it lol. I managed to get CN cheap right now so might as well have it and not need it. If i end up not needing it, I'll give it to my brother or friend.