Hacking (Stupid Question) About VITA and PC ports...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord M

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry for stupid question (thread's title said this lol) but i'm much curious about one thing: with a fully hacked vita we can see even a some pc game ports like we had on android?? (star wars: kotor, half life etc)
And maybe Halo, Jade Empire and Fable :D (someone can tell me why no one port those three games on android?)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
We've already seen ports of Quake, Doom, Hexen, and Wolfenstein, so it's certainly "possible", but to get them running properly it would require an open source (or reverse engineered) engine that could be ported to the Vita.

We'll never see Halo, Jade Empire, and Fable, as those don't have any open source engines available and "emulating" them would simply require more power than the Vita is capable.

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you want to know if a system that is weaker than an android phone can play those games? no. no one is going to port those over to hardware that can barely emulate nintendo ds code.

Yeah, I remind that Half-Life on Vita is totaly impossible...

Also Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is completly impossible :rolleyes:

Emulating other hardware is much tougher then running a old engine if there is a open-source port of it.

Last edited by VitaType,

Lord M

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This game is amazing, for PC, and i suppose its a modified version of MUGEN (so, technically, itsa reverse enginered)

We'll see this on vita? :D

Reactions: sage3k

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I remind that Half-Life on Vita is totaly impossible...

Also Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is completly impossible :rolleyes:

Emulating other hardware is much tougher then running a old engine if there is a open-source port of it.

Wasn't that a Quake/Kurok mod?

l_____l

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you want to know if a system that is weaker than an android phone can play those games? no. no one is going to port those over to hardware that can barely emulate nintendo ds code.
Yes. The vita is clearly weak for not being able to emulate a system by proxy through the PSP, a system it downclocks to emulate. Trust me, if there was a native DS emulator, the Vita would've run it really well.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Yes. The vita is clearly weak for not being able to emulate a system by proxy through the PSP, a system it downclocks to emulate. Trust me, if there was a native DS emulator, the Vita would've run it really well.

please dont dump old threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hello