[Stupid idea?] GBA Injection into Standard Virtual Console

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Sgt. Lulz, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Sgt. Lulz
    OP

Sgt. Lulz GBAtemp Regular

Oct 16, 2010
    I've been thinking for a few days now since getting the New 3DS: Everyone knows we have mGBA, and we have patched AGB and AGB ROM injection.
    But what, exactly, is stopping us from injecting GBA ROMs into the Virtual Console applications?
    In the specifications sheet on 3dbrew for the 3DS Virtual Console (http://3dbrew.org/wiki/3DS_Virtual_Console#Regular_VC), it's stated that the Virtual Console application has built-in GBA support without AGB_FIRM.
    I've been looking around, but I can't find even a single attempt at investigating this or even a PoC of GBA ROMs loading from the Virtual Console.
    Does anybody know anything about this?

2. Vappy

Vappy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 23, 2012
    Afaik it's been tried and works, but runs like ass.

3. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    You can, but it's pretty pointless, the GBA emulator they have in the standard Virtual Console is incomplete, buggy, and slow.

4. MAXLEMPIRA

MAXLEMPIRA Legends are Made from True Stories...

Jun 24, 2012
    Mexico
    Kanto <- Hyrule -> Unova
    and, since GBA Injection to VC Games works great, there's no real reason for doing a thing like that... just to run these games from a CFW on your HomeMenu and voila! Every single GBA games on your HM without any other problem (Obviously doing Pokémon and a few other games with Flash 128K save type aside, but that works with a little edit)