Stupid FTPii question ....

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by AdamBrunt, Nov 30, 2008.

Nov 30, 2008

Stupid FTPii question .... by AdamBrunt at 12:40 PM (1,126 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. AdamBrunt

Member AdamBrunt GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 24, 2003
    Hi all,

Having read the Tekshen(?) review I am keen to start using FTPii if only to be able to send wads/apps direct to the wii without having to take out the SD card and scramble behing the back of the PC with a card reader, etc, etc. And yes, I realise Wiiload does a similar thing for apps.

Anyways, do you only have to install FTPii once or do you have to reinstall it every time the Wii restarts ? If it's the later then I can't see much point in it, where if it's the former then I can see the advantages for a wii that is left on "orange" light when turned off.

TIA for any help.

Adam Brunt
  2. pebls123

Member pebls123 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2008
    United States
    Its not something you have to install(execept the normal dol on sd) it has been run like a normal hombrew app everytime you want to send something across.It doesnt work in the background or anything like that.
    You just run the app from hbc(you will see a black screen) use your ftp client (filezilla or a web browser) to send or download things to/from sd or usb and then press any button on the wiiremote to exit