Hacking Stuck on Loading?

theory18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, just got my Acekard today from gamekool.
I'm following the third tutorial sofar and i keep getting
the startup screen of NDS then i get a black screen with 'LOADING' in blue letters.

Now i saw similar topics and they had to reformat and download the newest version wich i tried already.
naamloosmn.jpg

Also is it normal i cant put my SD card all the way in my Acekard?
When i try and put it deeper it doesnt get locked in or something.
img0101r.jpg

Thanks in advance.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All you can do is use more force to push it in. You could open up the cart and investigate the problem, but it's not that easy as the cart is clipless.

You're best bet is to send it back to the retailer.

It's stuck on the blue Loading screen as you don't have the MicroSD card inserted. It happens on all Acekard's if the MicroSD isn't inserted.

Nikolay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The microsd card is supposed to go in all the way. It happened to me to the first time as I was scared to break the little thing. I pressed down applying force and then I heard a little snap and it went in.

Also, what firmware are you using? You should be using AKAIO RC2 as it's the best firmware for the acekard. This has nothing to do with your loading problem but I just want you to know.

theory18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys that fixed it, i saw alot of people screwing of their spring mechanism and i was afraid to push it all the way down, it works now.

Any saw way to remove it?
Like push it again? or just pull it back out?

Thanks in advance

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If the spring slot is iffy, just pull the card out rather than pushing down to eject it. Next time you insert it, just slide it in.

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
I would push it down and wait for the click. I have a friend who owns a springloaded DSTT and a non-springloaded DSTT. Once the spring breaks, they'll both be "slide the card in" models.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Masked Ranger said:
I would push it down and wait for the click. I have a friend who owns a springloaded DSTT and a non-springloaded DSTT. Once the spring breaks, they'll both be "slide the card in" models.

Unfortunately that's not what normally happens. It's the spring locking mechanism which breaks, not the spring itself. You then have no way to keep the MicroSD card in the card slot because the spring keeps pushing it out. The Acekard is notorious for this, hence my suggestion above.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
tk_saturn said:
The Acekard is notorious for this....

i don't know what everyone is doing to break their springs. i have written more than a few full rom set compatibility lists. i've tested hundreds of homebrew projects. i've recently been testing demos. i've put msd cards in/out/in/out of my acekard kits more than 100 times a day on average over the last 2 years. i've never had a problem. =/

-another world

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
One person on here claims to have 4 break in quick sucession. As the the odds of that happing to a single person a so low, so I wonder if there are other factors at play. Logic says that if were really an issue, Acekard would switch to the springless slots. Logic doesn't always prevail though.

I have a feeling the clipless cart case could be affecting it. Of the 8 i've had, most were poorly mounted in the cart case. On one the PCB is at an angle, so you have put the MicroSD card in at an angle. On another it's mounted to low, meaning some MicroSD cards can't be pushed down far enough to engage the lock.

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
Unfortunately that's not what normally happens. It's the spring locking mechanism which breaks, not the spring itself. You then have no way to keep the MicroSD card in the card slot because the spring keeps pushing it out. The Acekard is notorious for this, hence my suggestion above.
Really? Never heard of that happening. Good to know though.

obito

I can have a title?! :O
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I reckon instead of having the cool feature to lock the spring and confusing everyone, they should use their old style springs from the Old acekard 2's.

I'm not complaining, its really cool, but heaps of people are a bit.... yeah.... and manage to break theirs, or get really scared..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy