Stuck at loading screen

Discussion in 'EDGE' started by milkmanchris, Dec 27, 2008.

Dec 27, 2008

Stuck at loading screen by milkmanchris at 5:51 PM (1,065 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. milkmanchris
    OP

Newcomer milkmanchris Member

United Kingdom
    Most times I add a new rom to my game folder, and try play that game it gets stuck on the loading screen.

The only way I have found to cure this to reinstall the EDGE folder and .dat file, then the game loads.

Has anyone else had this, or any ideas on how to cure, or what is causing it.

Running latest firmware (1.42) on a 2GB Kingston card

Cheers Guys

2. violent

Newcomer violent Member

United States
    ive had no problems what so ever but im using firmware 1.41 theres not really anything good in .42 why not go back to .41?

3. moodswinger

Member moodswinger GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    hmmm...I think it's about creating of the save files. It has happened to me a couple of times with the 1.42 firmware with the new games I've been putting int to my EDGE.

I fix this by using another flashcart, in my case I use my extra DSTT to create my save file if the EDGE fails to do so. My microsd contains both firmwares so I can just plug it to both of my flashcarts. I put it in my DSTT and load the game, what I like about the DSTT is that it has an indicator if the loading had hung up with the rotating blue square. After successfully loading the game, I plug it back to my EDGE. No need to convert the save files.