Stripped battery cover Philips screw

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by SkH, Feb 28, 2009.

1. SkH
    OP

SkH GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2006
    Antigua and Barbuda
    I have a Stripped battery cover Philips screw on my DS Lite, how can I remove it?

2. jamface202

jamface202 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2009
    United States
    With a small drill, very carefully. That's the best I can think of anyway I'm afraid

3. SkH
    OP

SkH GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2006
    Antigua and Barbuda
    I don't have a drill. [​IMG]

4. Joey Ravn

Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

Aug 29, 2007
    I don't really understand your question, but if you're trying to unscrew the cover of the battery slot of a DSL, try with a pointy knife of something like that. I've changed my battery for a new one a while ago and I don't have a Phillips screwdriver. Anything with a flat and slim point will do.

5. Jiggah

Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 9, 2002
    United States
    As far as I know, that's the only way. If it's completely stripped you have to drill the top of the screw off. I had to do this when I stripped the screw on my PSP.

6. iritegood

iritegood GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2007
    United States
    Get the tip of a pen (or something else plastic and small, like the ink tube in teh pen) and melt it with a lighter. Stick it in teh screw and try to unscrew it. Might work if it's not too tight.

7. Raven Darkheart

Raven Darkheart The Radioactive Flamer

Aug 27, 2008
    United States
    Cyclo DS Paradise
    sorry to bump but im looking at a stripped dcrew on my ds as well how small of a drill are we talking about

8. SkH
    OP

SkH GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2006
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Well what I did was just used force and a knife to brutally rip out the battery cover... as I didn't had a tiny driller, and anyways, that DS is just dead already... pretty much...

9. Dsmanic!

Dsmanic! Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2008
    This happened to me too! How necessary is it to have screw? Battery is slotted in firmly as is. Its a right pain removing screw every time you want to change the battery, which is why i ended up stripping it in the first place. Would be way easier not to remove it. It wouldnt fall out unless you shook it really really hard?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice