Streetpass thread

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by g2n, Nov 17, 2012.

Nov 17, 2012

Streetpass thread by g2n at 12:46 AM (744 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. g2n
    OP

Newcomer g2n Member

United States
    Hey guys,

I was thinking of compiling a list of tricks/hacks for StreetPassing other people and for getting lots of coins. In addition, if anyone knows any tricks to get lots of puzzle pieces, beat find mii 1 and 2 easier, lots of coins, etc, please post them!

Also, I leave this thread open for discussion (not sure if mods allow), but I wonder if it's possible to spoof StreetPass access point to get any amount of puzzle pieces? Anybody know if this is possible?

Notable tricks:
    Changing the date for your 3DS gets you more than 10 coins per day.
    Changing your favorite color allows you to streetpass the same person again (no longer works)
    Changing the date to streetpass (no longer works)

2. Janthran

Member Janthran Solarian

United States
    Changing your color doesn't let you streetpass again, I've tried.

3. g2n
    OP

Newcomer g2n Member

United States
    Well what about making a streetpass access point? It works off wifi right?

I have a suspicion that a streetpass works like this: the two 3ds recognize each other, they first check to see if they previously met. If they previously met, and the signal is weak or no longer in range, the tag occurs but without updated streetpass information (clothing change, personalized messages, etc). If they are in range long enough, this information gets updated to the other 3ds. This leads me to believe that there is a way to spoof to the 3ds that you passed somebody you have tagged before. It would be far easier than inventing a new streetpass mii from a non-existent device.

4. someonewhodied

Member someonewhodied Lazy Person

United States