StreetPass 2: Rise from the Ashes

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by Cecil_FF4, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Mikitok

Mikitok GBAtemp Regular

Jan 14, 2019
    New Zealand
    This is great I try much times streetpass for resident evil revelations and work perfect

2. conker-rel

conker-rel Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2019
    Germany
    this doesn't work with mii plaza to receive multiple miis. so i had extracted one of the 00000000 files and now i have several files and folder as you describes in your google sheet.

1. Is there a way to generate a valid 00000000 file with 3ds-save-tool-master? if not is there another way to do this?
    it would be great if you could create your own file, where all unneeded streetpass data is removed. for example a file which contains mii plaza streetpass data only.
    2. Is it possible to fill the output folder with several miis? on the folder ..\CEC\00020800\OutBox__\ you have the data for mii plaza. of course regularly there can only one mii saved at same time. what would happen if you inject a file with several miis for mii plaza and use it on the handheld? Would Nintendo detect this and would result in a ban? Would the handheld detect this definitely irregularly file and reject it or would it be passed?

regards

edit: i would like to use my handhelds as JRave described it.

Last edited by conker-rel, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Cecil_FF4
    OP

Cecil_FF4 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2016
    United States
    It does if you use it properly. It will not change the Miis already stored in Mii Plaza. The CECD must also have its CMAC fixed before it'll be usable.

No. Someone is currently working on an app that can inject SP data into your CECD directly.

We can't inject yet, but when we do, Nintendo won't be able to detect it because their servers perform other checks on the systems (tickets, titles, NNID); they don't have the resources to hash every system file on every console in the world. And fixing the CMAC is how we fool the console into thinking it's a legitimate file. If the 3DS didn't like a file for whatever reason, it would just ignore or delete it.

HelpTheWretched likes this.
  4. Diego788

Diego788 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 27, 2014
    Chile
    Santiago, Chile
    just uploaded my StreetPass Mii Plaza file
    I hope that app is finished soon™

5. Cecil_FF4
    OP

Cecil_FF4 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2016
    United States
    You and me both. I just spoke with the coder working on this app two days ago. They say they've been busy lately and will hopefully get back into it soon.

Vulpes-Vulpeos and Diego788 like this.
  6. Diego788

Diego788 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 27, 2014
    Chile
    Santiago, Chile
    I've updated my streetpass file and added some rows I forgot to add last time (related to my file)
    also I corrected some mispelling in names :0

I hope people continue uploading their CECD file

7. HelpTheWretched

HelpTheWretched GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2010
    Canada
    I have a question about the (eventual) capabilities of trading and modifying/combining CECD files.

Lately I've been playing A Link Between Worlds and doing the StreetPass challenges with the help of my Old 3DS. The arbitrary action that "welcomes" a tag into the game is walking into a small field in the village, where a signpost announcing the tag will appear with a *poof*.

You can collect multiple tags from the same console. BUT, it seems that you have to enter the game and make the signpost appear, in between each tag that you get. In other words, you can't collect multiple "unused" tags from the same console, and then have all of the signposts appear in the game at the same time. The two consoles won't even StreetPass at all if either of them still has an unused A Link Between Worlds tag from the other.

With your knowledge of the CECD and its structure, do you think it'll be possible to achieve this by splicing together the tag data from multiple CECDs?

8. Cecil_FF4
    OP

Cecil_FF4 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2016
    United States
    CECDs cannot be combined. Individual boxes within a CECD could be manipulated, but I don't personally know how to recombine all those boxes into a working CECD. So unless you want to modify the hex of the unextracted CECD to achieve what you'd like, you'll have to wait until the CEC Tool is completed. I'm not the author of that tool, but I do talk to them and I hope to inspire them to complete it as soon as possible.

Diego788 likes this.
  9. HelpTheWretched

HelpTheWretched GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2010
    Canada
    Thanks. My question was whether or not the CEC Tool would be able to accomplish that, so I'll shut up and be patient now. ;) I might give hex-editing a try but it'll take a few different copies to figure out what to look for.

10. Pugaku

Pugaku Member

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2018
    United States
    Will the app only include peoples CECD's, or will there be more to it?

11. Vulpes-Vulpeos

Vulpes-Vulpeos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2018
    Ukraine
    Украина
    Wow, why no one talks about it? I found out about it just today. Thought I will never get StreetPass hits to complete puzzles in StreetPassMii Plaza.
    Now I hope sometime we will get homebrew to share outbox data. This project definitely needs more attention from community.

Diego788 likes this.
  12. Originel
    This message by Originel has been removed from public view by WeedZ, May 26, 2019, Reason: Spam.
    May 26, 2019
  13. Diego788

Diego788 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 27, 2014
    Chile
    Santiago, Chile
    I've uploaded a new CECD file
    I hope the app is finished someday

14. RCarvalho

RCarvalho Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2019
    Norway
    Any News on this. I don't really know what a CECD is but would love to get streetpass relays working again.

15. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Addict

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    relays ain't gonna work again. Start reading this from the beginning. and just slowly learn what this version is.

16. saphris

saphris Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2014
    United States
    This may have already been asked, but is there a way to create our own streetpass file? What i mean is, the file that go through when the other person recieves a streetpass from us. Not just our streetpasses that we've recieved, but the actual streetpass file that the other person recieves when they would usually streetpass you.?

17. marcosfull

marcosfull Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2016
    Argentina
    Hi, I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to do something like a "streetpass 2: guide for dummies". I managed to do many things with my console following tutorials, even from this web, but this is something complex and quite disorganized. Thank you!

EmaEffe04, vowoqueoriginal and Crezut like this.
  18. Blesmore

Blesmore Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2019
    United States
    Hi, on a 3ds i imported a cecd file from the list (i think it was ushiara's? forgot which...) and then when i imported it in streetpass plaza it told me on the last Mii "this is the second time you met this mii! Congratulations" or something like that.

It's because the original 3ds owner met this another time, or my 3ds actually met this mii in its lifetime? (Mii: from France - I live very far; 3DS: used, don't know if the previous owner traveled a lot)

19. Is there an CECD file where all the puzzle pieces are collected?

20. EmaEffe04

EmaEffe04 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2019
    Italy
    I’m in the same situation of Marcosfull and I was wondering if someone could explain me all this

21. Manamanam

Manamanam Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Hi I have managed to use a file from the list and it worked, I got 3 hits from random people. Thanks.

Problem is I can't make it work again.

I have tried 5 files now, renaming the old one, and pasting the new one place. Followed instructions exactly.... I think.

Please help, can you only do this once? I really am stuck as to why it won't work again.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted