Strange Problem, please Help

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Mike144, Oct 18, 2009.

Oct 18, 2009

Strange Problem, please Help by Mike144 at 2:17 AM (645 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Mike144
    OP

Newcomer Mike144 Newbie

Canada
    Hi, I am having a bit of a problem. I have had my M3 DS real for a while now. I've been using sakura 1.40 and have had no problems. I saw that sakura was updated to 1.42 so I decided to download it. I just replaced the SYSTEM folder and some games seemed to be working fine but Mario etc wren't working so I thought maybe I just need to format the card. So I went into disk utility (I own a mac) and formatted the card in MS-DOS(FAT) and then tossed SYSTEM back in and made a folder called NDS just like I've done before. I put one game into the folder and loaded up the DS. I get a black screen. M3Real is in the bottom screens bottom right corner and nothing happens it doesn't move. Can anyone help me I don't understand why nothing is happening. Thank you!

2. Archimdae

Member Archimdae GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Have you tried hold A while it's turning on? Sometimes this will fix this. Just reselect Sakura if it works.

3. Mike144
    OP

Newcomer Mike144 Newbie

Canada
    Yea if I hold in A, all that happens is on the bottom screen it shows Slot 1 NDS and it never leaves that screen.

4. Archimdae

United States
    No clue the, sorry :0(. You could try reformatting again and see what happens.

Sorry I couldn't help.

5. Mike144
    OP

Newcomer Mike144 Newbie

Canada
    Its ok, one thing thats killing me is if I try to format the card on windows it only shows 200mb when my card is a 4gb card.

6. Archimdae

United States
    Have you tried downloading the panasonic sd formatter that is posted here at gbatemp? People say it's much better than the default windows formatter.

If that doesn't work, it might just be your cards gone dead :0(.

*edit* also if your using a usb adapter to connect your sd card to pc, try a different usb slot.

7. evilknieval91

Newcomer evilknieval91 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Seems to happen to me as well, I turn on my DS, the M3 sign at the bottom right pops up... then its just a black screen.

I have to connect my SDcard to the PC and replace the system file with the original.

*Edit* Noticed holding A works as well.