Hacking strange problem - help appreciated

earthworm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a strange problem that I've only recently noticed and any help would be appreciated. I recently bought a wii fit and when I tried to add the wii fit plus disk to my hdd (through usbloadergx) it wouldn't recognize the disk. I thought that this was strange because I haven't had any problems in the past. I then tried to load the disk through the disk channel and still no luck. I then tried other purchased games and they wouldn't work either. Basically it would appear that my wii won't read any disk be it original purchased game or burnt disk. I chalked this up to possibly a hardware failure with my drive. (which didn't bother me too much as I almost exclusively use usb loaders now)

Figuring there was no harm in trying I put my wii fit plus disk in dvd dumper and surprisingly, it recognized the disk and I'm currently in the process of dumping it to my computer to then use wbfs manager to upload it to my hdd.

Any ideas on what my issue may be?? It's not the worse problem in the world but it is a little annoying and given the fact that at least dvd dumper works, it wouldn't seem to be a hardware problem. I'm on cios rev 14, and firmware 4.1 (waninkoko's updater) and have never used cioscorp.

Thanks!

terrapin422

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you insert a disc, do you hear the disc spin up? if so, do you hear anything else and does the disc stop after a while?

If the disc spins up and then stops after a while, there is a chance your laser is either dirty, or dead. Possibly if you had it apart, maybe you didn't connect all the connectors to the DVD drive, or the System board properly. If the disc doesn't spin up at all, your DVD motor my have failed or you didn't plug it back in if you had it apart.

earthworm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, it does spin up and then stop. I had the same thought as you in that it must be a hardware issue. However I gave up on that idea because I figured that if it was a hardware issue dvd dumper shouldn't work.

terrapin422

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DVD dumper on Wii works? or DVD Dumper on a computer? if it works on the Wii, yet original discs spin up and stop? that's confusing. I know a DVD-r will do that if the ISO has been modified and signed with trucha on a system that doesn't have the trucha bug.

earthworm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yup....DVD dumper from the wii works....that's the confusing part!
wink2.gif
Can't add a game using a disk from the loaders nor can I run a purchased game from the disk channel but I can use dvd dumper....

wadzinsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it doesn't bother you, then I guess just leave it. USB is much faster anyway. I hate using discs
smile.gif
Even a softmodded wii should play original discs unless the main system had been severely altered in a bad way. I know that the USB loaders access the DVD drive directly using disc commands, (which I believe don't work on the new D3-2 drives) So the USB loader might still be able to work in that respect. That nills out the chance of a bad laser or a bad motor. The only thing left is that something isn't kosher with communications from the DVD drive to the main system.

Are you running a hard mod?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-