Strange issue

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by mikeyt1998, Jul 28, 2009.

Jul 28, 2009

Strange issue by mikeyt1998 at 12:31 PM (903 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. mikeyt1998
    OP

Member mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

United Kingdom
    my PSP was working fine about 2 months ago, then i got annoyed at a game and managed to bite the screen and crack it.

i finally got round to buying a new screen and it came today so i've put it in.

but the PSP wont turn on at all, when you plug the charger in the orange charge light turns on, then when you turn the PSP light on, nothing happens, and unplugging the charger shows that the green light is on (meaning the PSP is on)

so basically, it wont turn on unless the charger is plugged in, and even when it's turned on, the screen does nothing, and there is no sound.

which is strange because even when the screen was out the sound would still play upon turning the PSP on previously...

so i'm stuck with what the problem could be? might it be a firmware error or something? it's a hacked on on 5.0 m33, the latest one.

any help would be very appreciated because i dont want to have wasted 40 quid on the screen [​IMG]

EDIT: IT WORKS!! i did nothing wrong it turns out.

i dont know why it wasnt working at all... but i've left it on charge for 20 mins whilst i swearched for a solution and came back to it, turned it on with no charger in and slammo, it works [​IMG]

i knew i never did anything wrong... wonder what was up with it lol because it still should have turned on with the charger in right? :S thanks anyways guys [​IMG]

2. Kittymat

Member Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I have just had that issue - it is the battery.

1 PSP dead will not turn on, take the battery out of another PSP and put it in the dead PSP and it works, put the dead battery in the working PSP - will not turn on - DEAD

When the battery has been on charge for a bit - Both working!!

3. mikeyt1998
    OP

Member mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

United Kingdom
    yeah it was weird, good job i decided to leave it on charge eh [​IMG]

surely it should turn on properly with the charger plugged in tho? XD

cheers anyways [​IMG]

4. DS1

Member DS1 伝説の雀士

United States
    Which model PSP was it? I have a problem where my PSP is very picky about the charger plug. Sometimes the PSP will turn on if the plug is in, but other times it just has to run off of the battery. Other times the PSP just shuts down for no reason if the charger cord gets turned.

5. themuddaload

Member themuddaload Creepin' hardcore.

United States
    yeah, amazing how charging a battery makes hardware work better...

i hacked a friend's psp2000, (it is now mine) and tried to turn it on, and was like oh shit! i think i bricked it D=.

plugged the fool in and it works fine -.-

moral, charge your shit before you work on it

[​IMG]

6. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Who the heck results to biting the screen? Couldn't you of like, threw it somewhere instead? [​IMG]

But anyways, glad it's working. That's kind of like my DS one time. After opening it up to fix something, can't remember what, and after I put the case back on, I flicked the Power switch up, and nothing happened. I got so freaked out. I left it on the charger for a good two minutes and tried again, and it turned on. I was like...*dies of excitement*