Strange issue regarding hardmod and nand restores

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Eruandou, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Eruandou
    OP

Eruandou Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2016
    Argentina
    Hello GBATemp community! Today a client came by asking for a hardmod after bricking his console, because he had entirely changed his Secure info. The console was booting into the BSOD (with error 00F800FE 00000000 00000000 00000200 00000000). He had a NAND backup and also an Emunand on his SD card. After performing the hardmod and writing back the nand backups, it still stares at the BSOD, same error. I checked the backups in case they were corrupt, using the .sha given by Decrypt9 each time you create a backup. It seems okay.
    Any ideas on what to check? I've already checked all soldering related things I could think of :/

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 悲しみ

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
  3. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    Positive them backups belong to that console?

4. Eruandou
    OP

Eruandou Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2016
    Argentina
    yes, absolutely! I made a backup after hardmodding it, and the NCSD header were exactly the same, as was most of the NAND (except for some parts, which I assume were changed because of the SecureInfo injection)

5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    if the nand backups are from another console it should issue a B (lue)SOD, if the match the console it should be a black screen of death,

did you take a nand backup of the bricked nand too so you can 100% rule out a nand mix up

also was the emunand backup just a backup copy or did you extract it yourself, if you can, try make a backup yourself of the emunand on the sd using emunand tool and try restoring that

6. Eruandou
    OP

Eruandou Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2016
    Argentina
    Yep, I took a NAND backup with win32 disk imager, and compared the NCSD headers to try and see if they were from the same console, and they were x.x