Strange File On Lameboy

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by SKBunny, Mar 10, 2009.

Mar 10, 2009

Strange File On Lameboy by SKBunny at 3:09 AM (1,247 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. SKBunny
    OP

Newcomer SKBunny Newbie

United States
    I was playing a game through my Lameboy when I noticed that the game wasn't saving, even when I pressed X. I turned it off and it corrupted the game file. I later went on to my memory card and saw these strange files with characters for names. I couldn't delete them, rename them, or move them. After re-installing the USB adapter for my micro sd into my computer, it automatically moved all those files on a [found] folder on my Lameboy's main menu (Where it has the games and moonshell option). It's not doing anyting, but it's strange and I would like to be rid of them. I've tried re-installing a new Lameboy on my card, but it's doing the same thing. Please help!

2. ENDscape

Member ENDscape REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!

Philippines
    Sounds like Lameboy corrupted your card. Have you tried reformatting it?

3. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Jeez, what's with everyone wanting people to format their shit as the first solution.

Run the command line (Start > Run > "cmd" on most Windows flavours) and type "chkdsk /f x:", where x is the letter of the drive for your microSD. This will attempt to repair the file system of your microSD.

4. SKBunny
    OP

Newcomer SKBunny Newbie

United States
    Um, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by re-formatting it, but I removed the Lameboy file from the card, downloaded a new version, and tried that, but I had the same problem. This indicates that the problem is on the Micro SD itself, so I tried the second suggestion, but that didn't work either.

5. Noraxu67

Newcomer Noraxu67 Member

Philippines
    Your MicroSD is corrupted you need to re-format it.
    Or if that really doesn't help try to save up and buy a new microSD.

By The Way,
    The second solution does work when my microSD card is doing some strange things.

6. SKBunny
    OP

Newcomer SKBunny Newbie

United States
    Hm, well I'm willing to try the second solution again; perhaps I'm doing it wrong. I have Windows Vista, so could you tell me exactly what I should do?

7. DomeFossil

Member DomeFossil GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Go to you Memory Stick. Backup everything except Lameboy. Leave Lameboy on your memory stick. Find you stick on My computer. Go right click, format. Click start. There. It should work now.

8. Chase-san

Member Chase-san GBAtemp Regular

United States
    [​IMG] The reason people say "Format it" as the first solution is check disk and similar are unhealthy for an SD card, due to the intensive reads involved, also it may just not work (for whatever reason, in most cases check disk fails to initialize correctly on some systems).

In the end the best choice is back everything on the SD up, format the SD and put everything back on again. The largest of SD cards are 8 gb to 16 gb, so its not a lot, since most SD readers use USB 2.0, and that has some pretty decent transfer rates.

9. wchill

Member wchill Resident chillxpert

United States
    Intensive reads involved?
    No, intensive writes are unhealthy for an SD card.
    But yes, I would format it. With the Panasonic SD Formatter.