Hacking Strange AK2i Inconsistency

recoomeboom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using an Acekard 2i on a 1.4 US DSi. I flashed the card a month or two back, and for the most part it works just fine. Once in a while when i boot the system, instead of getting Danny Phantom to greet me, I get the old Acekard icon, as if I had never flashed.

On top of that, sometimes in the middle of gameplay, the game freezes completely. About half the time when i reset the DSi, the icon has reverted back to the old Acekard one, so presumably the problem is that the card is switching back to unflashed somehow, and is not able to be read.

This seems strange because i figured the flashing is a coding thing that either works or doesn't, but it changes on the fly. The cart itself seems to fit perfectly in the console, so I have mostly ruled out the idea of the hardware being flunky. Any ideas or suggestions?

EDIT: I for got to mention I am using the latest AKAIO with the newest loaders and everything, although I seriously doubt that has anything to do with it.

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i've heard it once before about the icon switching. I've never had this problem myself, but my acekard is also freezing sometimes and my icon doesn't change when i reset my dsi.

As for the game freezing, it could be a contact issue. I've had that problem with mine recently, and just a little piece of paper cured the problem. Also make sure that when you close your dsi, don't do it to hard, because that can also disrupt the connections

recoomeboom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scrtmstr said:
i've heard it once before about the icon switching. I've never had this problem myself, but my acekard is also freezing sometimes and my icon doesn't change when i reset my dsi.

As for the game freezing, it could be a contact issue. I've had that problem with mine recently, and just a little piece of paper cured the problem. Also make sure that when you close your dsi, don't do it to hard, because that can also disrupt the connections

alright I guess I'll try the paper trick it can't hurt right? thanks for the advice, at least i know i'm not the only one this happened to.

still, its such a strange problem and i wonder what's causing it. Is it possible that because there is only partial connection, the part that says 'I'm Danny Phantom' is not working?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, telling what?