Hardware Strange 3DS issue

ParzivalWolfram

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just had the strangest issue: Upon exiting DS mode, I got GodMode9 instead of the normal Home Menu. I tried to start my normal boot.firm and GM9 crashed. When I went to turn it off and back on, I got the gray "why not Sleep Mode instead?" screen, and was able to hit Home to go back to the Home Menu. Somehow I was able to load GM9 inside the standard userspace upon returning from DS mode.

This sounds like it could be useful, but I can't get it to happen again. Anyone else had this happen? I'm on 3DS version 11.13.0-45U, Luma 10.0.1.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've just had the strangest issue: Upon exiting DS mode, I got GodMode9 instead of the normal Home Menu. I tried to start my normal boot.firm and GM9 crashed. When I went to turn it off and back on, I got the gray "why not Sleep Mode instead?" screen, and was able to hit Home to go back to the Home Menu. Somehow I was able to load GM9 inside the standard userspace upon returning from DS mode.

This sounds like it could be useful, but I can't get it to happen again. Anyone else had this happen? I'm on 3DS version 11.13.0-45U, Luma 10.0.1.
I can confirm this behavior. It seems that when the 3ds goes from twl mode to 3ds mode plus having the button combo held upon switching will prompt gm9 and even the luma config screen. It likely crashes as gm9 wasnt meant to be booted from the twl to 3ds change.

When you hit the home button from a ds game or when twl is active. When it says close this software and return to the home menu? That's when you press and hold the button combo and press A to continue.

Last edited by lone_wolf323,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.