Hacking Stop R4 Timebomb without Ysmenu?

TommyPickles64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! :) I'm buying a R4 3DS Gold Card from Newgg for $5 + Free Shipping and on the box and card it says "w w w . r 4 i s d h c . c o m" and I heard if it has that website on the packaging it has a Timebomb on it and the only way to stop it is with Ysmenu but I looked at pictures of Ysmenu and it looks really ugly compared to the regular R4 Menu.

Is there a way to stop the Timebomb and still play NDS ROMS without using Ysmenu or is their a way to make Ysmenu look nicer?

The reason im buying that card is because I dont have much money, lol.

Thank you, I sincerely appeeciate the help! :)

PS: I heard that if you change the Time on the DS it stops the Timebomb but i'd like to know more info about that.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Since the timebomb is a "feature" of the kernel, you can either use a "completely" different kernel like YSMenu, or you can edit the kernel to "fix" that (reversing compression/encryption is likely to be involved; being knowledgeable about the DS architecture and skilled with disassembling, definitely are involved)

Or of course you can choose to support a brand that doesn't employ said shoddy tactics

Reactions: TommyPickles64

TommyPickles64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the timebomb is a "feature" of the kernel, you can either use a "completely" different kernel like YSMenu, or you can edit the kernel to "fix" that (reversing compression/encryption is likely to be involved; being knowledgeable about the DS architecture and skilled with disassembling, definitely are involved)

Or of course you can choose to support a brand that doesn't employ said shoddy tactics

Hi! :)

I know, I would prefer to buy a better brand too but I don't have very much money. :(

So would you mind giving me a detailed guide on how to edit the R4 Kernel or is it impossible?

Also this is off topic but do you happen to have every USA DS ROM? I've tried looking for ROM Packs but I cant find any and I just want the USA ones.:):nds:

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I know, I would prefer to buy a better brand too but I don't have very much money.
Is 22 dollars (half of one original game) that much of a sacrifice, for a better product?

What console are you using, anyway? For an original DS/Lite, as well as modified DSis and 3DSes, the original R4 (non-SDHC) and the TTDS are still valid, high-compatibility options!

So would you mind giving me a detailed guide on how to edit the R4 Kernel or is it impossible?

There isn't really one for beginners, if only because if someone already found the offset, they would likely have released the fixed version directly :)

Also this is off topic but do you happen to have every USA DS ROM? I've tried looking for ROM Packs but I cant find any and I just want the USA ones.
You can't ask for links to that on this website, but the best romset (the No-Intro one) is a torrent, so you can just select and deselect at any time what you don't want (which in my opinion beats loose files or region-split packs)

Reactions: TommyPickles64

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

"OK"

TommyPickles64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is 22 dollars (half of one original game) that much of a sacrifice, for a better product?

What console are you using, anyway? For an original DS/Lite, as well as modified DSis and 3DSes, the original R4 (non-SDHC) and the TTDS are still valid, high-compatibility options!

There isn't really one for beginners, if only because if someone already found the offset, they would likely have released the fixed version directly :)

You can't ask for links to that on this website, but the best romset (the No-Intro one) is a torrent, so you can just select and deselect at any time what you don't want (which in my opinion beats loose files or region-split packs)

Hi! I just ordered the R4 Card from Newegg so hopefully its good! :) Also do you mind emailing me the link/torrent to r u g r a t s t o m m y p i c k l e s @ g m a i l . c o m

I would sincerely appreciate it! I have been searching all day long on Google, Reddit and several Fourm sites looking for a USA DS ROM Pack...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/