Still getting read errors with GAMMA

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Silent_J, Nov 29, 2008.

Nov 29, 2008
  1. Silent_J
    OP

Newcomer Silent_J Newbie

United States
    Ok, so far I have about 12 or 15 games that work absolutely perfectly. But three recent games that everyone has been really excited about suddenly working perfectly I can not get to read at all.

My Wii is USA, NTSC 3.2U (with SafeUpdate installed)

I've updated my IOS249 to wiigator's rev 7, I've tried using several gamma channels as well as the gamma HBC loader, and with the reboot hooks..

I'm burning on TDK DVD-R Manufacture ID: CMC MAG, AM3 (I've never had a failed burn on anything EVER till I started dealing with the Wii backups)
    http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm (rated very high quality on there)

Burning with ImgBurn & verifying
    I've tried all various speeds

My ISO's are all 1:1 (4,699,979,776 bytes)

The three problem games are:
    Boom Blox (NTSC, USA)
    Da Blob (NTSC, USA)
    Super Paper Mario (NTSC, USA)

I've been scouring the forums for days now trying everything I can imagine and every single tip I've read, and still can not get any of those discs to read. I've tried removing all cIOS with anytitledeleter, installing ONLY rev7, using wad packs to install, etc... I'm at my wit's end.

I really can't believe that it would be the media causing the issue considering so many other discs work perfectly and flawlessly, and I've tried re-burning all three of these titles several times each, all at various speeds and all with the same results. Though plenty other titles burn at 16x and work GREAT...

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I'm willing to try anything at this point. I've killed 20+ hours trying to fix it on my own, and no luck.

2. nicksasa

Member nicksasa GBAtemp Maniac

Belgium
    i use also tdk dvd-r and de blob & super paper mario just work fine

3. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    well your bound to get read errors, part and parcel of softmods.

4. nutta_nic

Member nutta_nic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    try deleting the 00000001 folder off your sd card then redownload the rev7 ciso installer from another source and install it letting the installer download the files needed via wifi

5. digitydogs

Member digitydogs 404 Error: Member Not Found

United States
    and check those three dvd's for errors. it just may be that those three games didnt burn properly.

6. BIG MOE

Member BIG MOE ๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™

Syria
    if the loader worked for at least one game that means the Cios is fine and you have burning issues , if the loader didn't work for any games download my easy installer and reinstall the cios and you will be up and running [​IMG]

7. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    my media (Memorex dvd-r) has the same manufature id as your media.
    CMC is considered Second Class media though so there is a 20 to 25% chance you might get a coaster.
    luckily for me i haven't gotten one yet but i bet it's right around the corner.

8. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    I also use that manufacturer and I burn them at 8X, that's how I make those to work fine, try installing the cIOS36_r7 with Waninkoko's installer, Wi-Fi method, and tell us what happened...!! [​IMG]

9. Silent_J
    OP

Newcomer Silent_J Newbie

United States
    Ok, I used any title deleter to remove all cIOS's, then I just tried Big Moe's installer with the same results. I also downloaded and used Waninkoko's rev7 installer, both of which are actually the same version. I did network install, so it downloaded it fresh and installed it. All with the same results. My previous 15 games all work perfectly, and the three mentioned before still give me consistent Disk Read Error (324)...

I've tried reburning each of the games three times. I will try burning them all one more time. If that doesn't work I'm ordering a WiiKey 2 :-)