Hacking Still Another 3in1 Question!

jakisthe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got a 3in1 a few days ago to go along with my R4, and I've since figured out how to get games running on in.
But wait!
Since it lacked any kind of instruction, I'm still confused:
1. how do i put games onto the actual 3in1 memory? So far all my games are, as far as I know, on my R4 card, which is space I want to save for DS games.
2. How do I play games without having to do NOR erasing/copying?
For instance, say I get games A and B. I NOR erase/copy game A, and play it. Then I do the same for B. However, when I go back to trying to pla A, I run it (ie, press X), but game B comes up. The only way i can get game A to come up is to NOR erase/copy again, which takes several minutes. In addition, I think it might do something to the saves, but I've never been sure (as in, I'd rather not try eraseing/recopying if it messes up my saves, so I havent tried it yet)

help?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
The 3-in-1 can only store 1 rom at a time in NOR. The same goes for PSRAM except what's in NOR stays in there until erase it/replace it and what's in PSRAM goes when you switch off.

Also the 3-in-1 has no storage facility, all games have to be stored on your R4 and sent to it.

freakazaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it has 256mbit of space.

it's different from 256megabytes. 256mbit is only 32 megabytes (1 byte = 8 bits)

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Of course.
smile.gif

But you still need a DS to write them to NOR flash ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021