• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Stephen Hawking dead at 76

Sathya

GBAtemp Professional Poetry maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
How can he be not a good person? Only because he didnt believe in god? Seriously? Tell me, what have you contributed to the humanity either cientific or religion related? Nothing? I see... This man was a genius, he contributed like no onde has done to science and for the better of our humanity, not only understand how stuff works here, but to also look above us and imagine how stuff works outside of your comfort zone.

May he rest in peace. His contributions and legacy will be always remembered.
It's wrong to dislike someone just because they don't believe in God. If you believe in the same God as I do, then you should know that you are supposed to love everyone, not just the people who think the same as you. Regardless, death is a sad and terrible thing so being happy about that is distasteful and not good representation of your beliefs.
What a tactless, disgusting thing to say just hours after this man's death....

View attachment 117500
Believing in god doesn't decide whether or not someone is a good person, there are lots of horrible people out there who believe in god, just like how there are good people who believe in god as well.

This post of yours just shows that you are incredibly judgemental and quick to judge a person who also recently died, for his lack of belief. It reflects more upon what kind of person you are than what kind of person he was.
https://goo.gl/Xaiv1L

Old

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, but this man wasn't just any other person. This was a person who had an incredibly gifted mind, and defied his illness both physically and mentally, and I don't think I'll see anyone comparable to him in my lifetime. At least not with the masses of impact and influence he had.

A most important person, for sure. We need more like him, many more.

"Catsinabucket"? What about 'Catonacar'?
(Or, during the Summer heat, 'Catonahottinroof'! harhar.)

IMG_2025.JPG

Reactions: Catsinabucket

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Was talking about this with a few other people on my Art Course.

It kind of diverged to mourning for David Attenborough despite the fact he's still alive.
Welcome to Fine Arts.

edit: rest assured, whilst eating this morning the only thing I heard on the news was Stephen Hawking (maybe a little bit of the Russian skidaddle)

Last edited by vinstage,

lolboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That we all die and when we go isn't the point. I think you missed the boat here. It's a matter of basic decency.

So, just because he made news I should show "decency" just for this person so I fit into the flock?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sure, but this man wasn't just any other person. This was a person who had an incredibly gifted mind, and defied his illness both physically and mentally, and I don't think I'll see anyone comparable to him in my lifetime. At least not with the masses of impact and influence he had.

Stephen hawking is for me just like any other person. I am not his fanboy nor did he do something for me. I don't eat or wear his theories.

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
So, just because he made news I should show "decency" just for this person so I fit into the flock?

Stephen hawking is for me just like any other person. I am not his fanboy nor did he do something for me. I don't eat or wear his theories.

And here my good friends, is a prime example: Ignorance is bliss.

I mean, go and deface a few more graves whilst you’re at it.

lolboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
And here my good friends, is a prime example: Ignorance is bliss.

I mean, go and deface a few more graves whilst you’re at it.

Explain your claim and educate me please. Why should I only care for him and not the 100 others? Tell from human point of view and not fanboy.

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Explain your claim and educate me please. Why should I only care for him and not the 100 others? Tell from human point of view and not fanboy.
I’m no fanboy, in fact I simply admire him for his intelligence. However, no body said he’s the ONLY person you’d have to care for, just show some respect. It’s not rocket science.
-Yours truly, A Human Point of View.

Reactions: Minox

lolboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I’m no fanboy, in fact I simply admire him for his intelligence. However, no body said he’s the ONLY person you’d have to care for, just show some respect. It’s not rocket science.
-Yours truly, A Human Point of View.

You did not answer my question and just agreed to what I said earlier... Tell me about "Ignorance is bliss." please?
When and how did I disrespect the one whom you admire and hurt your feelings?

Last edited by lolboy,

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North

I mean this is just simply ignorance.
ignorance
ˈɪɡn(ə)r(ə)ns/
noun
lack of knowledge or information.
"he acted in ignorance of basic procedures"

Dubbing us “fanboys” instantly because we’re mourning the death of one of the greatest minds of modern history and science?
Rightio.
You did not answer my question and just agreed to what I said earlier... Tell me about "Ignorance is bliss." please?
When and how did I disrespect the one whom you admire and hurt your feelings?
Hurt my feelings? Yeouch don’t flatter yourself.

Reactions: Catsinabucket

lolboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I mean this is just simply ignorance.
ignorance
ˈɪɡn(ə)r(ə)ns/
noun
lack of knowledge or information.
"he acted in ignorance of basic procedures"

Dubbing us “fanboys” instantly because we’re mourning the death of one of the greatest minds of modern history and science?
Rightio.

Hurt my feelings? Yeouch don’t flatter yourself.

I see this is going no where... Focus on Art and keep drawing apples mate :rofl2:. I am done here.

Catsinabucket

Permanently Uncertain
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

lolboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Looking at what you're saying, I think you're mistaking people paying respects to an influential figure - probably regardless of their personal opinion of him - for a legion of die-hard fans comparable to that of a pop-artist following.

Let me be clear. I did not say anything disrespectfull. Read all my comments point me if I did. I just said to me he was just a human like many others.
Just because I am not willing to throw myself off a building because he died does not make me disrespectfull.

Last edited by lolboy,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He was a giant in the field, and we have definitely come further standing on his shoulders. His insights and his presence will be missed.

If you are not sure how you personally have benefited from Hawking, then you merely do not understand what he accomplished. If that's all you're concerned with, and your emotional reaction is based on how he benefited you personally, I fear for your mental well-being. Now's your opportunity to inform yourself, maybe grow a little bit as a person.

Last edited by osaka35,
Reactions: CallmeBerto

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this thread isn't about Stephen Hawking, judging by a surprising number of posts here. I'll just step away then, I wanted to see if a certain subject involving him was brought up, but no. I expect too much from this forum. May Hawking rest in peace.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: "BULLSHIT ARTIST!!!" lmao. Have to see it to understand.