Oveneise

OP
Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay - so here's the deal. I downloaded and installed Steins;Gate. I updated to version 1.20 I tried running the 1.20 crack, and the english patch. It constantly gives me this error (which is convienently in Japanese)

6ad4c0c738980bab4c6a.jpg

(Sorry for the large image - use.com likes it that size, I guess)
Anyways - here's my information.
I have my system locale set to Japanese.
I'm running Windows XP SP3 Professional.
My specs:
Intel Pentium III
Mobile CPU: 1133MHZ
1.13GHZ, 1.0GB of RAM

Just to let you guys know, I've played many visual novels - all without any problems. What my real question is - is has anyone else on here gotten the error message above, and if someone would be so kind - what does the error message say? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

D

Deleted User

I can take a guess. SSE2 is an instruction set, I only know this because of PCSX2 (the PS2) emulator, but anyhow... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSE2 I'm guessing that the game requires it and your processor doesn't support it (or something along those lines).

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[quote name='I2aven's_Sage' timestamp='1326169997' post='4056886']I can take a guess. SSE2 is an instruction set, I only know this because of PCSX2 (the PS2) emulator, but anyhow... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSE2 I'm guessing that the game requires it and your processor doesn't support it (or something along those lines).[/quote]
pretty much this

the pentium III does not have SSE2 only SSE1

Oveneise

OP
Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
HOW DO YOU HAVE A PENTIUM III?!?! My little sister used to be on a Pentium IV and THAT felt a chore sometimes.
It's an old hand-me-down laptop I got from a friend.
Suprisingly, it runs extremely fast - webbrowsing is awesome, and the thing is pretty damn small.
And the only real stuff I run on it are the older FPS's (fps genre = major meh) and the far more interesting visual novels. Up until this point, I saw no reason to upgrade since VN's are the only real apps besides Firefox that I run on this thing.
Well - I'm probably going to end up receiving my friend's newer laptop with INTEL PENTIUM IV soon. So I should *hopefully* be able to run Steins;Gate then...

jarejare3

PROFILE CHANGE!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
HOW DO YOU HAVE A PENTIUM III?!?! My little sister used to be on a Pentium IV and THAT felt a chore sometimes.
It's an old hand-me-down laptop I got from a friend.
Suprisingly, it runs extremely fast - webbrowsing is awesome, and the thing is pretty damn small.
And the only real stuff I run on it are the older FPS's (fps genre = major meh) and the far more interesting visual novels. Up until this point, I saw no reason to upgrade since VN's are the only real apps besides Firefox that I run on this thing.
Well - I'm probably going to end up receiving my friend's newer laptop with INTEL PENTIUM IV soon. So I should *hopefully* be able to run Steins;Gate then...
I can buy a duo core for just 150$, sorry 90-130$

Carl326

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm confused as to why you want to play Steins;Gate when you are not fluent in Japanese. The error translates to "Your computer system does not have the ability to run SSE2 instructions".

Carl326

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
:P I see what you mean, but Steins;Gate is rated 15+ so without knowing japanese its pretty much like trying to read a book without knowing any of the words.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nude chess is best