OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
phongshading_big.jpg

Firstly. TF2 is on sale this weekend again for 50% off if you are one of the rare person who hasn't gotten it in another earlier sale.

Secondly, this update introduces several new community made items, trading, and a micropayment system in a new game economy. It is a bit hard to explain or summarize. Link to full Valve F.A.Q. here. Worth reading to see how Valve intends on working micropayments for the first time ever into one of their games.[/p]
icon11.gif
Source

Team Fortress 2
Normal price = $19.99
Sale price = $9.99 50% off
Genre: Action
Developer: Valve
Publisher: Valve
Release Date: Oct 10, 2007
Languages: English*, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French*, German*, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian*, Simplified Chinese, Spanish*, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
* languages with full audio support
Metascore (metacritic.com) = 92/100

feature43c_screenShot1.jpg
Steam is having their Weekend Deal again. This weekend it's the Magic: The Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalker Complete Pack is 50% at $17.49 (or $16.46, see Note 1 below).

Note 1: For some reason, it is actually cheaper to buy the core game, the two expansions, and Deck Collection individually ($16.46) than it is to buy the Complete Pack (which consists of all the same items.)
Note 2: All the game's content can be purchased through only buying the core game and the two expansions for $9.97. The DLC only unlocks pre-existing content and modifies in-game graphics.
Note 3: All of the individual items contained in the Complete Pack are also on sale individually.[/p]
icon11.gif
Source

Magic: the Gathering - Duel of the Planeswalkers
Normal price = $34.99
Sale price = $17.49 50% off (CHEAPER if purchased individually for some reason. $16.46)
Genre: Strategy
Developer: Stainless Games Ltd
Publisher: Wizards of the Coast LLC
Release Date: Jun 15, 2010
Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
Metascore (metacritic.com) = 69/100

Bought TF2 after waiting patiently for another sale, rounding out my cheap Orange Box (paid $18.80 total). Enjoying it a bit, though I'm sure I'm gonna like it more as I suck less. On the fence about buying M:tG. Loved the actual card game, but I've been spending too much lately... Maybe I'll just get the core game... Either way, you folks should get in on the cheapness while you can.

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm thinking of buying TF2! If I do it I need to use a proxy to be cheapass
smileipb2.png
(stupid $1=€1 system! It's just BS)

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I'm really tempted into buying TF2 because I have heard so much about it, how is the learning curve will I'll get into games and get my ass kicked immediately ?

Was this the cheapest TF2 ever was ?

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
pitman said:
I'm really tempted into buying TF2 because I have heard so much about it, how is the learning curve will I'll get into games and get my ass kicked immediately ?

Was this the cheapest TF2 ever was ?
Buy it. I bought if for $19 a month ago >_< It's a really enjoyable game. Just practice and make sure you're not lagging for people not to mind you. People get used to it a lot.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was given a few guest passes for purchasing TF2. The passes allow someone to play the full title for a limited period of time (3 days I think). If anyone would like to try out the full game before making the purchase, let me know via PM (include your Steam ID, too) and I'll send you a pass if I have any left.

BTW, for me the download was ~2000MB, but I'm assuming that was because I already own several Source engine games.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
kwartel said:
I'm thinking of buying TF2! If I do it I need to use a proxy to be cheapass
smileipb2.png
(stupid $1=€1 system! It's just BS)
You can be glad you can get the real game at all - I already ranted enough about how we get a censored version here in Germany.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chartube12 said:
WTF is steam and why should I buy games from them?
What is Steam? Livin' under a rock lately? Think iTunes, but for PC games, and very easy to use. Why should you buy from them? Because they put games on sale at ridiculous prices on a weekly basis.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs