[Steam] Transfering games from PC to PC ?

Rick Astley

The real one !
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I've a little problem with Steam (again ohhh) : I've bought a lot of games, some of them are huges, some others are not that much. But, I can't download them where am I (0,1Mb/s of internet speed, you get the idea) on my good pc, but my old pc (10 years old) can have a 30Mb/s internet speed, so way better.

Could I download them from my old PC and after putting them on my new PC since both would have Steam on it, I guess it's just about where to put them (but one is W10 the other W8.1)

Moreover, i'm quite strange, but I don't like wasting space on my PCs (i've 2 PC, 2 laptop) so : Could I download all my games, putting them on an external drive and just moving them on the PC i want to play them WHEN i want ?

Thanks o/

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
you can use either filezilla(freeware) or external hard disk to transfer game folder, the only one required is located in steamapps/common

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
install the steam client in the new pc
move the entire steamapps folder into the new installation, it may need to verify and download some misc stuff, but it's done

you can tell the client to install the games into an external folder

Rick Astley

The real one !
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so i'll use an External Drive for moving them anyway but I can dl on one PC and move it when i want on the PC i want
Amazing, thanks o/

Rick Astley

The real one !
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I bump this because I think i'm gonna kill Steam.

I wanted to download a 50Gb game. I did it on my old PC. IN TWO WEEKS.

I transferred it to my External Drive. Used my new PC and transferred it. I installed steam (and I hate that. Omg... Really I hate that) and now, Steam just ask me to install the game if i launch the .exe from the game;
What about NO ?

Any help ? Thanks.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bump this because I think i'm gonna kill Steam.

I wanted to download a 50Gb game. I did it on my old PC. IN TWO WEEKS.

I transferred it to my External Drive. Used my new PC and transferred it. I installed steam (and I hate that. Omg... Really I hate that) and now, Steam just ask me to install the game if i launch the .exe from the game;
What about NO ?

Any help ? Thanks.
Is you games folder pointed to the folder you moved in the steam settings?

D

Deleted User

You could also use backup discs, which Steam supports. You're gonna need some blank CDs/DVDs, though.

Rick Astley

The real one !
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Update : Just deleted Steam. Too much annoying. I prefer to say good bye to my games rather dealing with Steam.
i'll have to post another thread help because even unistalled, Steam continues to annoy me <3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs