machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's an example.
Target:
"C:\Users\Machomuu\Desktop\Hacking\Pokemon\VisualBoyAdvance.exe" "C:\Users\Machomuu\Desktop\Hacking\Pokemon\Pokemon - Ruby Version (2).gba"

Start In:
"C:\Users\Machomuu\Desktop\Hacking\Pokemon\"
In the "Target", you must put in quotes the path to the emulator, and in the second quote (which is a space away from the first) you put a path to the rom. In the "Start In" area, you need to put the path to the emulator, but this time don't type in the program itself, just the directory that it's in.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I tried this with Quest 64 and Project 64, but all that did was open a dialogue box that said "Attempt to open file failed." However, if I open Project 64 and select the game from the list, it works perfectly.

However, it also does this when I attempt to execute the N64 ROM files and pick Project 64 as the program that opens these kinds of files.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried this with Quest 64 and Project 64, but all that did was open a dialogue box that said "Attempt to open file failed." However, if I open Project 64 and select the game from the list, it works perfectly.

However, it also does this when I attempt to execute the N64 ROM files and pick Project 64 as the program that opens these kinds of files.
Strange, I just tried this with Ocarina of Time and it worked perfectly. Post the "Target" and "Start in" configurations that you have for it.

Also, did Mother 3 work?

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Strange, I just tried this with Ocarina of Time and it worked perfectly. Post the "Target" and "Start in" configurations that you have for it.

Also, did Mother 3 work?
Mother 3 was just an example, as I already have that on my R4.

Target:
"F:\Games\Project64\Project64.exe" "F:\Games\ROMs\Quest 64.v64"

Start In:
"F:\Games\Project64"

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Also, did Mother 3 work?

Target:

Start In:
That is strange...well here's an idea. I'm sure that in your "Project 64" folder there is a "Roms" folder as well, correct? If so, try putting the rom there and redirect the second quote to the new location.

If that doesn't work, try moving the rom to you're Hard Drive and booting it from there.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Also, did Mother 3 work?

Target:

Start In:
That is strange...well here's an idea. I'm sure that in your "Project 64" folder there is a "Roms" folder as well, correct? If so, try putting the rom there and redirect the second quote to the new location.

If that doesn't work, try moving the rom to you're Hard Drive and booting it from there.
There's no "Roms" folder, only the "ROMs" folder I created.

And that didn't work either.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Also, did Mother 3 work?

Target:

Start In:

Bah. Well have you tried any other games or any other rom file types?

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Also, did Mother 3 work?

Target:

Start In:

Bah. Well have you tried any other games or any other rom file types?
Not yet. I was trying to figure out how to set custom grid icons because a friend on MSN casually mentioned it was possible. Let me go do that.

...I tried it with a random GBA file with VBA and it worked fine. I tried it with a z64 file with Project 64 and it failed.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And outside of Steam it works correctly, right?
Only if I open Project 64 and select the ROM from the list. If I try to open the game directly and link it to Project 64, it fails.
Now that is strange, but that would also explain why it doesn't work via Steam.

Since I assume you're not using version 1.7, Google "Project 64 1.7 Leyroy Jenkins" and use that instead of the version you're using.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Only if I open Project 64 and select the ROM from the list. If I try to open the game directly and link it to Project 64, it fails.

Since I assume you're not using version 1.7, Google "Project 64 1.7 Leyroy Jenkins" and use that instead of the version you're using.
You're right! I am using 1.6! I didn't know there was a 1.7, though. Hehe. Thanks for alerting me.

...T_T How do I change it to English?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You're right! I am using 1.6! I didn't know there was a 1.7, though. Hehe. Thanks for alerting me.

Go to file (the tab on the left) and then hover the mouse third option down. It will give you a list of languages.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Go to file (the tab on the left) and then hover the mouse third option down. It will give you a list of languages.
Thanks!

Now...uh...how do I get 2 different ROMs from the same emulator listed? I've tried it but when I try to set a custom icon for it it sets the icon for the other game. It also, by default, has the other game's custom icon. Another annoying feature is that it loads the other ROM and not the one I set.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks!

Now...uh...how do I get 2 different ROMs from the same emulator listed? I've tried it but when I try to set a custom icon for it it sets the icon for the other game. It also, by default, has the other game's custom icon. Another annoying feature is that it loads the other ROM and not the one I set.
No problem ;)

Yeah, that doesn't work so well. You need to have a different emulator for each rom.

Alternatively, you can try the suggestion at the bottom of this post, I don't know if it will work, though, but you can always try:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27581549&postcount=222

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [He will] only make $1.5 million per night after taxes. Poor guy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My stupid computer chair keeps slowly going down, but I don't notice it goes down, until I'm like reaching up to my desk. I just bought this f er last year.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Does Bruno Mars is gay?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    K3nv2 would know...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only for Bakers
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I heard he has a Wario fetish, but only if no Wizards are around.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    jk with you Bakerman, much love. fist bump.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He really knows how to kneed the dough
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Man. I can't wait til CTGP 8 comes out on Switch, been waiting forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Boners Makes me wanna play Duck Hunt NES
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pooping nice
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is a "Poop de Boop"? I've heard it mentioned several times now but have no idea and can't find anything online bout it. Is it a British term for restroom/bathroom or something?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It is a perfume
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why do we have virgin islands if it's populated
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They should change the name to K3Nv2's Mom islands. (Or before he responds, My Wifeys Islands)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah me saying that's more predictable than you talking about my mom
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hence urewifes so predictable she'd buy every man on the virgin islands
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or they buy her
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    true dat, on that note I'ma try go get some myself, peace!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess she doesn't need to be bought she has your money
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/-GDjDECLDG0?si=MNEjk8rkmioj1xE2