Steam possibly coming to iOS/Android

Maplemage

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweet! I cant wait for Portal 2 on the ipod Touch/iPhone/Ipad =D Its gonna be awesome!

[/sarcasm]

@solcity
They did make a minecraft clone on ipod touch, 2 infact but they are classic style one is called EDEN and the other one is Minecraft something.

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why don't they first bring out a linux version? It's really wanted by the community..

moose3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So how does the Steam Web page run on an android or an an iOS device?

While there might be some cross platform games like the current mac+windows games, I would expect a store app on there if smart phones have any problems with the store page. Someone out and about, either through conversation, seeing an ad, or even checking one of the constant sales on steam and thinking "Oooh, I gotta get that!". With a Steam Store app, they can buy the game right then and there. I could even imagine If they happen to leave their home PC on, with the proper settings, it would see a new game, and start downloading for you.

While I was on vacation last summer, I remember trying to snag a wireless signal so I could check the daily specials, and got my favorite Steam purchase so far: Borderlands + first 3 DLC for $20.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Sir-Fritz said:
This is probably just steam chat on your phone nothing todo with games on your phone. Especially not pc games running at a lower res (lol).
what? no l4d crammed into a phone screen with touch controls? o.O

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over