Steam Deck - Riivolution

OldMcGroin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hi all! I recently saw somebody post a video for Mario Kart Wii Deluxe on Reddit and it looks like I need a program called Riivolution to run it on Dolphin. I had never even heard of Riivolution before this! Would anybody know of a guide on how to get Riivolution working on Steam Deck? I've asked on several Reddit subs but have yet to receive any answers! Thanks.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi all! I recently saw somebody post a video for Mario Kart Wii Deluxe on Reddit and it looks like I need a program called Riivolution to run it on Dolphin. I had never even heard of Riivolution before this! Would anybody know of a guide on how to get Riivolution working on Steam Deck? I've asked on several Reddit subs but have yet to receive any answers! Thanks.

It's basically a way to load mods without replacing files in the ISO.
If you have Dolphin available with Mario Kart Wii, right click on MK Wii and you should see an option called "Start with Riivolution patches" or something similar. That's the one.
From there you simply need to properly setup the files in the right folders.

OldMcGroin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
It's basically a way to load mods without replacing files in the ISO.
If you have Dolphin available with Mario Kart Wii, right click on MK Wii and you should see an option called "Start with Riivolution patches" or something similar. That's the one.
From there you simply need to properly setup the files in the right folders.

Thanks. So, I have Mario Kart Wii and Dolphin. Do I need to install Riivolution first or is it just a part of Dolphin (not next to my Deck right now)? I can see in the comments of the Reddit post I mentioned that I would need to put the mod files in org.dolphinemu.dolphin.emu/files/Load/Riivolution, will I link the Reddit post?

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks. So, I have Mario Kart Wii and Dolphin. Do I need to install Riivolution first or is it just a part of Dolphin (not next to my Deck right now)? I can see in the comments of the Reddit post I mentioned that I would need to put the mod files in org.dolphinemu.dolphin.emu/files/Load/Riivolution, will I link the Reddit post?

Oh they wrote the direct path, that should be correct.
Simply load it up and make sure Dolphin loads the game with the Riivolution patches enabled, or else it won't work.
Try searching around if there's a way to make Dolphin always load Riivolution patches if they exist for a certain game, so loading it with Dolphin on the Deck automatically loads them instead of you manually open it each time.

Reactions: OldMcGroin

OldMcGroin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Simply load it up and make sure Dolphin loads the game with the Riivolution patches enabled, or else it won't work.
Try searching around if there's a way to make Dolphin always load Riivolution patches if they exist for a certain game, so loading it with Dolphin on the Deck automatically loads them instead of you manually open it each time.

Thanks, I'll give it a whirl later and report back 👍
Post automatically merged:

So I had a quick look on my lunch break. The file path mentioned above is different on Linux/SteamDeck, the path they gave was on Android and I can't find a File or Riivolution folder in my own Dolphin location. I was still able to right click the game and add the Riivolution patch by browsing for the file manually. This then brought up a couple of mod options to activate. I activated them all but when I started it up just the regular version of Mario Kart loaded, not sure where I've gone wrong.

Last edited by OldMcGroin,

Perisys1312

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I'll give it a whirl later and report back 👍
Post automatically merged:

So I had a quick look on my lunch break. The file path mentioned above is different on Linux/SteamDeck, the path they gave was on Android and I can't find a File or Riivolution folder in my own Dolphin location. I was still able to right click the game and add the Riivolution patch by browsing for the file manually. This then brought up a couple of mod options to activate. I activated them all but when I started it up just the regular version of Mario Kart loaded, not sure where I've gone wrong.
Generally the path on the steam deck will be in a hidden folder called ".var" in your home directory, from there follow the file path.
If you don't know how to enable seeing of hidden folders, it should be an option somewhere in the top right corners dropdown of the file manager in desktop mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-