Steam Deck launch delayed

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just got this rather disappointing email..

The launch of Steam Deck will be delayed by two months. We're sorry about this—we did our best to work around the global supply chain issues, but due to material shortages, components aren’t reaching our manufacturing facilities in time for us to meet our initial launch dates.

Based on our updated build estimates, Steam Deck will start shipping February 2022. This will be the new start date of the reservation queue—you will keep your place in line but dates will shift back accordingly. Reservation date estimates will be updated shortly after this announcement.

Again, we're sorry we won’t be able to make our original ship date. We'll continue working to improve reservation dates based on the new timeline, and will keep you updated as we go.

Bummer :(

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet they still make enough to get them out to influencers in December.
I don't know about that... couple of "influencers" who preordered stated they were pushed back to either Q1-2 .. but that was them actually buying it not getting one thru their publicist or marketing dept.

Reactions: Xzi

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On the one hand, I'm kinda glad that my wallet gets a bit of a breather post-Christmas to recover. But on the other, it concerns me a little that it doesn't seem like the shortages are going to get any better that quickly so this might not be the only delay.

The specs/price are great for right now, but will they still be when most people get one towards the end of 2022?

I don't know about that... couple of "influencers" who preordered stated they were pushed back to either Q1-2 .. but that was them actually buying it not getting one thru their publicist or marketing dept.

I'm hoping they manage to get a few out to people who will actually provide good information like Steve from GN, or even Linus.

Last edited by subcon959,

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they shoulda delayed ir before but they really tried to go as fast as they could I guess.
Hope it can make that Feburary date.
I got bumped to q2 but hope they are able to combine some batches with the extra time.

Maybe get that dock sorted out before hand.

Though I do hope somehow everyone can get their deck around the same tine.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The specs/price are great for right now, but will they still be when most people get one towards the end of 2022?
I replied basically the same thing in the front page thread, but yes, of course the specs will still be amazing for a portable all-in-one gaming PC at this price point. Nobody else has anything announced, and we're sure as hell not getting a Switch Pro/Switch 2 any time soon. Besides, everybody is at the mercy of shortages, so it's not as if a hypothetical product announced in early/mid 2022 could magically launch a week later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: