Steam Connection Issues

pastaconsumer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bain of my existance.png
As you can see from this example, I keep getting taken down from Steam, then it regains connection, then everything is fine... for the next few minutes. The cycle continues. Anyone know a solution?
(By the way, I don't think it's my internet... I'm able to use the internet on everything else when this occurs. Ethernet fixes nothing.)
All help is appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited by pastaconsumer,

pastaconsumer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edited the OP with a better example.
I am trying to move all my games over to a hard drive so I can reinstall Steam. Will update if that works. If you have other ideas, let me know.

pastaconsumer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happens at least once a week. Ignore and move on, it will come back.
It happens to me every day.
Don't know if this is necessarily the issue, but I'd change your password in case it's someone else trying to log in from a different computer. Or, do you use the mobile authenticator? Should help prevent that from being an issue then.
I have 3 friends who share libraries with me, and know when the account is active (always by me). As for the mobile authenticator, I have it, but I can't log into the Steam app as, while it recognizes it, it does not send texts to my textplus number. (textplus is a Wi-Fi calling app. As I still don't have a phone number or service on my iPhone 5, I use this app for my mobile phone needs.) I don't know how to remove it and go back to emails, but that's another problem for another day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: McDonald's 5 star dining for a meth head