#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey GBATemp. I have a question...

When I first got my iTouchDS, the first thing I did was FlashMe it. Of course now I realize the stupidity behind that, but that is besides the point. I am sending my DS Lite (FlashMe'd) into Nintendo for repairs. Since there is no NoFlashMe for the DSL, should I install FlashMe(Stealth) on it instead, and just cross my fingers that they don't do a FW check? (ps - I am sending it in for a malfunctioning touchscreen). I know the risks of flashing and everything, gladly I did it first time, one shot no problem, so hopefully this time will be just as simple.

I don't think the big N would like it if they got my DS, turned it on and saw no Health and Safety warning screen... at least with the stealth version, it would be that much less conspicuous.

Any help, sooner rather than later hopefully, would be immensely appreciated.
~Plas

megatron_lives

Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
http://www.gbarl.it/index.php?showtopic=28218

Noflashme for DSL - It does exist on this page, and other places.

I had an old supercard rumble (slot 2) then got a dsone so used the noflashme and success!

If you still have trouble finding the program - PM me. I think I've got a copy on my supercard

So once you've run the noflashme, you should be cool to return it to ninty

M

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
megatron, thanks for the quick reply.

Not to sound ungrateful, but... I'm skeptical. Everywhere I've read said that a NoFlashMe for the DSL does NOT exist, but you link me to one on a forum written in Italian. IF I were to use it, it WILL work on an American DSL?

Also - I don't have any SLOT-2 devices... only my SLOT-1 iTouchDS.

Does this have the failsafe code written into the first few blocks of memory like FlashMe does, so if I screw up I can buy a SLOT-2 and hopefully un-brick it?

While flashing, I've read that if you have FlashMe installed you don't need to short the SL1 to re-flash it. Therefore, I would think that flashing to Stealth would be quite easy, and less risky than a first time flash. Would I need to short the SL1 to re-flash to NoFlashMe for the DSL?

Actually... just called Nintendo, and they won't take it... out of warranty >_> I emailed them arguing the fact that I've had to get my DS Lite's repaired by them multiple times due to defects, and here is just another one creeping up...

Regardless, any chance you could still answer a few of my questions? Sorry I have so many XD
Thanks a bunch
~Plas

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on