Static Download url

Discussion in 'Computer Programming, Emulation, and Game Modding' started by drakorex, Aug 24, 2013.

1. drakorex
    OP

drakorex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 19, 2011
    United States
    I'm trying to make a plugin for wiiflow using wiibrowser. My problem is, whenever I update a zip folder on mediafire, the download url changes. Is there any way I can have it stay the same?

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Question when you say static URL -- do you just want an address that never changes or do you want a direct link like http://gbatemp.net/images/p2.png (which could also be static)? Many download services will want to avoid one or both of those for various reasons and if they do offer them then you will probably have to pay for it.

If your plugin is to be open source you might consider setting up on a source repo of some form as they can make for such things.

You could get a url shortening service that lets you customise and update, I have my own domains and hosting I can do this for (not that I ever need to) so I am not on top of what goes here but the idea is simple enough.

3. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    If you want a static URL to the actual file, don't use a popular hosting site like Mediafire. Use your own personal hosting service (like a website) or something else.

4. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    Dropbox maybe?