Not open for further replies.

Kakarotx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a wii that i am modding for my cousin. the power and reset buttons do not work. I took it apart to look and it seems that something had been spilt on them. I tried to clean them but they just do not work. I successfully modded it and backed up nand. i want to start priiloader but i can not seem to get it to start without those buttons. is there a way to start priiloader that I am not finding. I appreciate any help.

PalindromicBreadLoaf

Just a duck floating in a pond.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is a way with Postloader that allows you to boot into Priiloader, then set it to auto boot either Priiloader or BootMii as a IOS.

PalindromicBreadLoaf

Just a duck floating in a pond.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have never used postloader. can you advise.
Basically Postloader is like an alternative to the homebrew channel. It has a very similar layout, but everything has its own little section. All you have to do is download the .wad or the .elf file that you can download off of google and boot it through the homebrew channel, or through the home menu (for the wad). It’s overall not to hard to use.

Kakarotx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
postloader lets me install priiloader but i still cant boot to priiloader without the power/reset buttons.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
If the power button doesn't work, how did you turn the Wii on?
Can't your repair/replace the buttons?
If you can't start Priiloader at boot, you lose a layer of brick protection.

Illuminaticy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the power button doesn't work, how did you turn the Wii on?
Can't your repair/replace the buttons?
If you can't start Priiloader at boot, you lose a layer of brick protection.
He got it fixed, see above. And he probably turned it on with the wiimote, or by putting a disc in.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Yes, he may turn on with a wiimote, didn't come to my mind as I haven't touch my Wii for a long time.
He just launch priiloader from a channel, that won't help him with a brick without using more complex methods if possible at all

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
correct me if I am wrong.
I think IF he got bricked, he can't access the channel without using an exploit and hence he can't access Priiloader unless he set up Priiloader to always load into something else on boot (like loading the channel itself) and then manually go into his normal apps like usbloadergx. Or can we edit the hacks_hash.ini to autoboot and that will take effect on the next boot? Of course, a theme brick won't help him in either case.
He said he tried to clean the buttons, I guess it won't be much more difficult for him to replace the buttons which fixes the source of problems once and for all.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
He can adjust priiloader settings to always autoboot to the homebrew channel, priiloader, or an SD forwarder dol, or a channel ID, this has nothing to do with hacks_hash. Therefor as long as his priiloader installation remains intact, he can recover from semi bricks even without using the reset button since homebrew will be launched before the system menu always

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I'm sorry for [accidently] not using lube K3Nv2. Really I am. :evil: