starfox on snemulds

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Xoo00o0o0o, Jun 30, 2010.

Jun 30, 2010

starfox on snemulds by Xoo00o0o0o at 12:40 AM (2,452 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Xoo00o0o0o
    OP

Member Xoo00o0o0o Xoo00o0o0o is in the house

United States
    So I finally got around to putting the snes emulator on my supercard and I come to find out that it only shows a white screen but plays sound. Is there a fix for this. Thanks in advance.

2. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    The best you can do is check the snemulds compatibility list as well as make sure that snemulds actually works on your supercard.

3. Noib

Newcomer Noib Member

Canada
    It's pretty safe to say at this point that you'll never get Super-FX emulation on the DS.

Edit: Okay, after posting that I realized that someone is going to post about the new cards that have onboard processors, and try and call me wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if even with those you won't get it.

4. Xoo00o0o0o
    OP

Member Xoo00o0o0o Xoo00o0o0o is in the house

United States
    Well thats ok my supercard dstwo will be here soon and i just have to wait for them to release the sness emulator

5. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    The problem is getting the special chip emulation to run on the DS, which I'm guessing is in addition to the snes emulator as well. So that even with a flashcart with onboard CPUs, getting it to work right will require a bit of effort.

6. Noib

Newcomer Noib Member

Canada
    Effort as well as processing power required. Super-FX emulation, for reasons not worth going into, is slow. However, if you want a quick and dirty but terrible comparison, the GBA runs on a 16.78mhz processor, and the Super-FX alone is (simplified) 21. So when you are getting reports that gba emulation is laggy on those new cards, it does not bode well for some of the enhancement chips for the SNES.

7. bluebowser31

Member bluebowser31 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    what is a super-FX?

and when i run my super nes emulator, its full fps, 100% speed...

8. Crimsonclaw111

Member Crimsonclaw111 GBAtemp Fan

United States
  9. Noib

Newcomer Noib Member

Canada
    Your computer can emulate the SNES at full speed!? Call the presses, this is truly unbelievable!

I suppose it's worth noting that nearly all emulators don't do a very good job of emulating the Super-FX or the SA1. Yes using some PC emulators people who don't know better won't notice the flaws and it will run at full speed, but if you are running an emulator that accurately emulates either of them then even a modern netbook might not be able to get full speed.

That said of course, people don't care for accuracy and will deal with visual or audible glitches that are introduced when people insert hacks in order to speed up gameplay to an acceptable level. However, before you get excited how this is going to happen for the new DS flashcards, it should be noted that PSP emulators barely have working Super-FX and SA1 support. Good luck getting a chip more powerful than a PSP on a flashcard, and if somehow magically it happens, say goodbye to your battery life.