Hacking StarFall

thinkoutsidetheb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great app, I like the grey/black squares backmenu feature. Glad I didn't upgrade from 3.2U. Nintendo may not have put something worthy out that requires an update however this patch makes the patching all worthwhile. THANKS!!
grog.gif

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
It really is awesome. This, along with the cIOS Downgrader, and the Wii Region Changer are probably the coolest Wii homebrew programs yet.

Prince Valmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am ABSOLUTELY loving this precious silence in the Wii background now.
You really have no idea how much that BGM was getting on my nerves. Even with it disabled, I'm still hearing it mentally, so it's going to take some getting used to.

But I'm so grateful for this hack. The Wii's Main Menu bgm has been a thorn in my side (my ears, really) ever since I bought my wii.

Thank you.

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Prince Valmont said:
You really have no idea how much that BGM was getting on my nerves. Even with it disabled, I'm still hearing it mentally, so it's going to take some getting used to.

Haha, same here. I usually have my Wii turned on while hacking away on my laptop and after a few minutes of hearing that music I would run to the TV and slam the mute button. I still reach for the remote involuntarily during the first seconds of booting up the Wii because my brain expects the jingle to continue, but thankfully it stops after 2 seconds.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Prince Valmont said:
I am ABSOLUTELY loving this precious silence in the Wii background now.

I'm hearing it mentally too.
I think it stopped today.

I used to (like Knocks) be on the computer and get so annoyed by the stupid music I ran over to the TV to turn it off.

samsam12

Test
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
g4jek8j54 said:
loesjoel said:
Will the "Start rescue-menu when Y is held on 1st GC controller" fix a banner brick?

You should be able to use it to fix a banner brick, although I haven't seen any posts that have confirmed it.
if you have the TP hack installed you can, so make sure you install it before you install a custom banner wad.

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I went ahead and installed those two hacks and tested it out. Holding Y did allow me to skip all the menus. 3.2U was displayed in the bottom right corner of a black screen, then the disc drive fired up and Twilight Princess was loaded. I ran the TP hack and it all executed properly.

Now, I ought to mention, I did not have a banner brick. Though I was gearing up to test a new WAD, so I wanted to have a backup plan in place in case I did banner brick. I'd say this looks to be a pretty good manner of fixing a banner brick.

blueoakleyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well let me ask 2 questions to clarify

1) If a game that only needs version 3.2 to work properly, but it comes with an update for say 3.5 (future update scenario) and forces you to update to play just because Nintendo felt like being dicks.... it will skip that and let you play it anyway right?

2) What if a game actually NEEDS the latest version to play? Like some updated file?

acesniper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
blueoakleyz said:
Well let me ask 2 questions to clarify

1) If a game that only needs version 3.2 to work properly, but it comes with an update for say 3.5 (future update scenario) and forces you to update to play just because Nintendo felt like being dicks.... it will skip that and let you play it anyway right?

2) What if a game actually NEEDS the latest version to play? Like some updated file?
1) I believe that you can skip it since foreign games that require an update are patched and work correctly.
2) If a game needs the update to function, then you cannot run it without the update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    plus there's thunder and lightning outside, and it'll rain soon, there's somehow no tornado watch tho
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and to make it worse, the heat didn't sway my brother away from wanting to spend some time swimming on his birthday tomorrow
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idr where in the US the heat wave is
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idk if I'm in it or not
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    midwest, near me and bigonya
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ah fuck NJ is in the heat wave
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    we're cooked, possibly literally
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    if you have a habitable basement, the heat shouldn't be down there and that's where you should hang out
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No, but, the air conditioner in my living room gets fuckin icy
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    In a good way, not as in a "my coils are freezing" kind of way
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not everyone lives in theirs mom's basement gosh
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah, my mom's basement is just for the weekends to check in on the family
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i usually live in your mom's basement
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    saves a lot of time fr
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It's 11:30 PM here, I just took the trash out and my god is it awful outside
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    This heatwave can eat my ass
    +3
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    omg same, it's VERY hot here, too
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck this heatwave, i don't usually sleep with a fan, but i believe the fan is getting put on the bed rather than beside it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S 12:30 IN THE FUCKING MORNING AND IT'S STILL 78°, WHAT THE FUCK?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    78º seems abnormal for any part of the day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea it was 96 F for the high, 78 F for the low today, in Ohio, bout same for bakerman in Michigan
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    F- fahrenheit C-Celsius. We in USA use F as our temp ratings
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    F = Freedom units
    +1
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: F = Freedom units +1