Starfall PAL in US

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Rickz, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Rickz
    OP

Rickz Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2009
    United States
    hey guys, sorry if i come off a bit noobish but i've been tinkering with wii hacks all day and this website's been really useful. i just finished installing Starfall with Wii Region free + the 2 anti-brick emergency hacks. the other day i had accidentally downloaded and burned a PAL game, which played black and white and a bit off screen. but when i try to play it again after the Starfall installation, absolutely nothing has changed. still black and white. did i screw up or is there another way to play PAL games onmy US wii? or is it impossible altogether? i have 3.2U with Backup Gamma Launcher .03

2. kimikal27

kimikal27 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 28, 2008
    Galway
    i think it's the tv that it's compatible whit PAL
    but not sure

3. ether2802

ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Former Staff
    Oct 14, 2007
    Mexico
    Pto. Vallarta
    starfall hacks for region free are useless, they don't work at all, better to use AnyRegionChanger1.1b_mod5 to install sysmenu3.2 saying no to korean support and yes to starfall-kind hacks, so the menu wont be patched on the fly but actually changed to run region free...!!! [​IMG]

4. carbonyle

carbonyle GBAtemp Fan

Jan 9, 2009
    Swaziland
    Switzerland
    I'm not so sure since I use those hack to play NTSC-US / J games on my PAL wii. and they all work.
    But I don't understant why since my TV in not compatible with 60Hz mode.
    Anyway...

5. Rickz
    OP

Rickz Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2009
    United States
    so can anyone advise a method to get these european games working on my us wii?

6. wiifan420

wiifan420 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 21, 2007
    United States
    You say you have gamma? Hold 1 when you press start (if the loader supports that), and Force NTSC, then launch the game. It should display in colors. I installed a Force NTSC channel on my friends wii, every PAL game he threw at it (so far) had colors and worked flawlessly.

7. madmikeuk

madmikeuk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2008
    Starfall is a one time patch as well, not MenuPatcher type software which patches on-the-fly. And this won't help either, it'll still be in black and white. Rickz would be better off to try GeckoOS instead.

8. pebls123

pebls123 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2008
    United States
    If the problem is just black and white you can use geckoOS or Backuplaucher 0.3gamma and force it to NTSC

9. Rickz
    OP

Rickz Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2009
    United States
    ahh yes worked flawlessly. thank you kind sirs