Hacking Starfall PAL in US

Rickz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, sorry if i come off a bit noobish but i've been tinkering with wii hacks all day and this website's been really useful. i just finished installing Starfall with Wii Region free + the 2 anti-brick emergency hacks. the other day i had accidentally downloaded and burned a PAL game, which played black and white and a bit off screen. but when i try to play it again after the Starfall installation, absolutely nothing has changed. still black and white. did i screw up or is there another way to play PAL games onmy US wii? or is it impossible altogether? i have 3.2U with Backup Gamma Launcher .03

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
starfall hacks for region free are useless, they don't work at all, better to use AnyRegionChanger1.1b_mod5 to install sysmenu3.2 saying no to korean support and yes to starfall-kind hacks, so the menu wont be patched on the fly but actually changed to run region free...!!!
smile.gif

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
ether2802 said:
starfall hacks for region free are useless, they don't work at all, better to use AnyRegionChanger1.1b_mod5 to install sysmenu3.2 saying no to korean support and yes to starfall-kind hacks, so the menu wont be patched on the fly but actually changed to run region free...!!!
smile.gif
I'm not so sure since I use those hack to play NTSC-US / J games on my PAL wii. and they all work.
But I don't understant why since my TV in not compatible with 60Hz mode.
Anyway...

wiifan420

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You say you have gamma? Hold 1 when you press start (if the loader supports that), and Force NTSC, then launch the game. It should display in colors. I installed a Force NTSC channel on my friends wii, every PAL game he threw at it (so far) had colors and worked flawlessly.

madmikeuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
smile.gif
Starfall is a one time patch as well, not MenuPatcher type software which patches on-the-fly. And this won't help either, it'll still be in black and white. Rickz would be better off to try GeckoOS instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk