starfall+full brick+tp hack= fixed?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jassim, Dec 13, 2008.

Dec 13, 2008
  1. jassim
    OP

Newcomer jassim Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    id just like to know does starfall work when the wiis bricked (u know the Y thing, when u hold y on the gc controller it goes into recovery mode) and by full bricked i mean when u turn ur wii on u get the opera error page so does it?

edit: ill give more details

i have a 3.2E with a wasabi modchip and the twilight hack is still saved on my wiis memory. ive also installed starfall (hold y to get into recovery mode and the one where the game boots after u go into recovery mode.)

now, my question is, if i get an opera brick, can i go into recovery mode with the Y button? thx

also guys plz dont tell me to use the gc pad trick or savemiifrii its a pile of crap and i seriously cannot believe some of u r falling for it. if you are falling for it, plz dont advise to me use it

2. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
    You can't unbrick with starfall in that state... Since you already overwritten the starfall patched menu with a new one...
    But you can use savemii or the gc pad trick and a game disc with a higher version of system update than the current one installed...

ps: Same answer...

3. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    When you have Starfall brick protection, you need to have the TPHack save file already on your Wii...

when you press Y during start-up, the Wii will autoload the Disc in the drive (Zelda), and allow you to run the hacked save to load a Wad-Deleter, so you can delete the bad banner'd Wad

4. zerof

Member zerof GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Starfall is only a method of prevention.

5. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    Exactly, have a modchip? don't need Starfall nor TP hack, but have them installed even better...

6. WiiCrazy

Turkey
    You're missing the single point...
    He says opera brick... opera brick is caused by installing wrong region system menu... and installing a system menu over a starfall patched one will remove those patches... so in that case starfall is of no use...

7. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    In all honestly, you shouldn't even think about getting a semi brick, maybe Nursing a semi sometime or another, lol
    Why think about semi bricking, why would ANYONE proceed to install anything OUT OF REGION? can anyone explain, even the most idiotic apes out there wouldn't do it...

Banner bricks? yeah think about them as YOU can do it yourself editing them etc....(so be prepared) or else [​IMG]

That's my views on it...

It's like me wanting a dual boot again on my PC, should i install Linux or vista over my Windows OS? no you wouldn't, there are ways to recover from banner,semi bricking, but BOTH can lead to FULL BRICKS if your not checked over..

8. jassim
    OP

Newcomer jassim Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    i assume ur from the wiibrew forums, the only reason i posted this here was because someone posted after u saying it would work so i didnt know who was right

9. Snave2008

Member Snave2008 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I don't have a chip so I'm using Gamma Loader. When using the hold Y GC Pad trick to boot the Twilight Hack so you get rid of the bad Wad - does it have to be the original Zelda game or can you still use a backup?

10. WiiCrazy

Turkey
    No he (tona) had posted before me saying it will work... Probably he thought you were to introduce the opera brick without a new system menu installation... But that's not the case for the great majority of brick cases...

Anyways, if you install a new system menu (downgrade or upgrade doesn't matter) over your existing starfall patched one, starfall patches will be wiped... That's the fact...
    But if you brick your system by other things and don't mess the system menu title in the nand then starfall is useful... (Banner bricks, bricks introduced through mere sysconf changes, messing with other files required by system menu etc...)

What's your intention with starfall by the way? Are you already bricked your wii, had it starfall installed?