ROM Hack Question stardew valley editor?

DevilzCY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I searched all over the forum and only found a thread to convert pc save to switch and vise versa. Is there a working editor for it? Like money?

nantalos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Google "stardew valley save editor 1.3 compatible"
It's not fully compatible for the newest version but so far it has worked fine for me. Editing items or skill levels and money and stuff.

If you are using sxos then it's a whole lot easier to just use the cheat function. The cheats are not working for the current version so you will need to search for it manually.
(Search for a 32bit signed value, convert your current amount of money into hexadezimal and search for that. Go back into the game and spent or ear money, go back and search for that value converted into hexadezimal. Repeat until you have 4 remaining results and then change all of them. I usually just make it FF FF which is 65535 money)

DevilzCY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Thanks bro

It's not fully compatible for the newest version but so far it has worked fine for me. Editing items or skill levels and money and stuff.

If you are using sxos then it's a whole lot easier to just use the cheat function. The cheats are not working for the current version so you will need to search for it manually.
(Search for a 32bit signed value, convert your current amount of money into hexadezimal and search for that. Go back into the game and spent or ear money, go back and search for that value converted into hexadezimal. Repeat until you have 4 remaining results and then change all of them. I usually just make it FF FF which is 65535 money)
Thank you so much for your thoughtfully instruction, I really appreciate it

RAdamantiS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

I can't find that 1.3 compatible man,everytime i download the save editor it update it to the newest version and when i take the save back to the switch it crash :/

nantalos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can't find that 1.3 compatible man,everytime i download the save editor it update it to the newest version and when i take the save back to the switch it crash :/
stcodematrix . com / stardew . php
Haven't used it since the new update so idk if it still works.

What did you edit? If you edited more than one thing then try only changing one thing. That way you can find out what you can change and what will crash the game. If even something like changing how much money you have crashes the game then it simply is not compatible for the editor anymore. Only thing you can do then is to delete the game, install it without any updates, start a new game, edit that game and then update the game.

Curtman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Thanks very much for this.. I took this further, and realized that FF FF is 16 bits, so I did that and threw some blueberries in the box and slept. This gave me 65,685 gold, so I did a new search on "010095", and changed the corresponding values to FF FF FF, which gave me 16,777,215 gold.

One problem I ran into was what seems to be a limitation in the sxos editor, so I had to sell an item to get some amount more than 65535, because one of the pointers in the 4 results takes you to the start of the hex value, and you cant "go back one" to change to the other FF.

I'd love to convert this to a cheat code and contribute it back, but I still have to learn how to do that. I've found that the memory addresses change every time you start the game, so it isn't as simple as recording the address and offset. If I find time, I'll get through the cheat code hacking guide on tx.

Is it really a 32 bit signed int? I'm assuming we could sell an item again, and use 31 bits if its signed and 32 if its not, so FF FF FF FF, or FFFFFFFE, and have 4,294,967,295 or 2,147,483,647.

My son is paranoid that the other people in the game will find out we are cheating. :rofl2:

Last edited by Curtman,

Curtman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We found out that you definitely can change the gold to FF FF FF FE, and the number is so large that it wont display, but you can spend it just fine. :)

To go back in the editor, you just push up to scroll up a line, I'm not sure why that wasn't working before.

And we were able to use a similar method to get bundles of 999 of hard to get items like hard wood.

Thanks again!

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's no conversion needed, when guides say that they literally mean moving the save from the switch to your stardew save folder on pc. You don't need to do that though for the save editors, only if you wanted to play your switch save on pc, which you don't. Just backup your switch save with edizon, jksv or checkpoint, then in the save editor locate your save on the switch sd card and it will let you edit it. Of course it might get corrupted depending on what you edit and stuff like that, but that can happen anyway.

I've done it that way for a while now until edizon featured ram editing. For something like gold you could just use the edizon editor if you have a supporting cfw (atmo and I think reinx might support it now). Just build/download the latest nightly and it even supports editing float values like hp and stamina too.
That'll save you needing to pull your save every time you want to edit some basic stuff (like amount of gold, wood, stone etc.)

Sadly the SX/Atmos cheats table doesn't work on 1.3.33, at least not for the collectors edition, but on the fly ram editing still works great so it's not a problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up