Star Wars: The Clone Wars + Cyclo DS

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by AC/DS, Dec 17, 2008.

1. AC/DS
    OP

AC/DS GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2008
    Regardless of the version (US or EU), both freeze at the same point: when I'm about to use the stylus for the first time to "draw" a symbol on a door to open it. It's in the very first section of the game and I couldn't get past it.
    The screen just goes black and the game stops responding, although I'm able to soft reset and return to the Cyclo DS menu. I also tried a real-time save, but it's the same.
    Anyone with a Cyclo DS able to resolve this issue?

2. jesterscourt

jesterscourt Not Brad.

Jan 3, 2007
    United States
    You'd probably get a better response at the TC forums. I swear I've gotten past the point that you're talking about, as has my friend, though, and we both have the Evo.

3. JPH

JPH Banned

Banned
    Jul 11, 2006
    United States
    You're using firmware v1.51, right?
    I remember there being problems playing the ROM with firmwares prior to v1.51.

4. Priss

Priss GBAtemp Regular

Oct 18, 2008
    Canada
    Hamilton, Ontario
    Correct.
    v1.51 plays the game flawlessly.

When you say both U and E version black out... does it occure at the same point?

5. Isaiah

Isaiah The Conductor

Aug 24, 2008
    Brisbane
    woot im getting my cyclo tomorrow should i download this game???? if it is buggy well then...

6. Priss

Priss GBAtemp Regular

Oct 18, 2008
    Canada
    Hamilton, Ontario
    It works fine...
    AC / DS is a non-believer [​IMG]

7. Saturnplanet5

Saturnplanet5 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 8, 2006
    No he's not. I get a lockup as well. It's at the first point where you have to use a lightsaber to cut the door. I have a black cycloDS Evo and I am using firmware 1.51. When I do the down+B trick at the loading of the cyclo it says I have a version 1.1 and HW region 1

8. AC/DS
    OP

AC/DS GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2008
    Yes, at exactly the same point. Perhaps I wasn't very clear, not a native English speaker. ;-)
    As Saturnplanet5 says (thank you mate), it's when you are to use the lightsaber to cut the door for the first time.
    Must be some form of protection from developers methinks.
    And yes, I have the latest Cyclo DS firmware 1.51

By the way, I've tried other things to make it work, like clean-formatting the Micro SD card (after backing up files of course) but it didn't help.
    MicroSD is a Kingston 1GB, so no problems there.
    The reason I've posted this is not to complain, but to inform people interested in this game tha it might be a problem playing it from CycloDS :-)

9. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Former Staff
    Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    It played for me, but it WILL randomly lock occasionally. I'd try the level again and would get past it.

10. AC/DS
    OP

AC/DS GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2008
    I think I should inform the board about this:

To further test this game, I've "updated" my Cyclo DS Evolution firmware with the SAME version 1.51 (i.e. downloaded it and let the DS do the "upgrade", although it's actually not an upgrade as it's the same firmware I had before).

It's weird but the game now behaves differently. It still crashes, but at a point even earlier in the game - right before the character selection screen after the intro.
    Seems really funny to me, like, could there be two versions of the 1.51 Cyclo DS firmware?

11. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

May 12, 2004
    United States
  12. Saturnplanet5

Saturnplanet5 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 8, 2006
    I actually found a fix which worked for me. All I did was go to the options and disabled cheats. I was then able to get past the "Lightsaber" door part.

13. AC/DS
    OP

AC/DS GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2008
    Thanks, formatting the MicroSD card with that tool helped.. a bit.
    I was able to get past that lightsabre point, but the game started freezing again at a later point (after the cutscene with a person in red). Disabling the cheats does nothing.
    OK, perhaps I should stop bitching about it and buy the original game ;-)
    I SO wanted to try this game, it has a very cinematic feel which is for me personally a first on the DS (I had PSP before, but sold it as no new releases seemed exciting enough).

14. rasputin

rasputin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    Runs ok on my SCDS1, hell it runs ok on my SC-CF slot-2 as well, buying one of them is probably cheaper than buying the original.

15. Tanas

Tanas GBAtemp Addict

Aug 19, 2006
    I havent had any problems with it freezing using v1.51.