Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron DS Trailer

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This caught my eye. It's a new Star Wars game for the DS developed by nSpace. They developed the DS versions of Call of Duty. The trailer itself looks pretty nice, and boasts some flight battles as well as on foot combat. Take a look-

Game coming November 3 this year. There is also a PSP version, which I assume is different, but I wanted to post what the DS version looks like. I'd like to try it out.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Hmm not bad looking, the flight sections look decent anyway. Im a big fan of the Battlefront games, but I dont really like the isometric perspective for the on foot sections in this one. It really should be third person to be a proper battlefront game. Im assuming it has online play, if not meh, waste of time.

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Looks really pretty for a DS game. I'll be looking forwards to it. It'll be downloaded, and slapped to the back of the queue.

The genre on the DS isn't that great though, with the limited amounts of polygons the DS can draw. the Lord of the Rings game that was also Battlefront-esque did it okay. But multiplayer on that did not really shine well, and the limited classes were no fun. I hope this turns out like the LoR, except fixing the problems. Seems like there will be a pretty nice storyline and mini-game full, assuming the space battles and turret mounts are.

I'm really looking forwards to it. The DS is my favorite handheld. I'd like to see the touchscreen not being gimmicked too. And I for one, like the bird's eye view. It's not really isometric, but I hope the camera can be repositioned. If this outclasses the PSP version in the chance of a million, I'll go out and buy a dozen copies. N-Space is great.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't be any worse than that Clone Wars one that just came out. That was one boring game.

As far as this one, I was sold after seeing the flying sequences.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game looks nice
smile.gif
I was a big fan of Battle Front, and in fact I have A copy of Battle Front 2 I play on my ps2 now
biggrin.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZenZero said:
Next big AP crash anyone???

Most third party anti-piracy is relatively easy. Sure, they have some toughies now and then, but they aren't anything compared to first party AP.

Anyway, the isometric view for shooting looks meh, but the flight sections look awesome. If only they gave it the classic over-the-shoulder, TPS view of previous SWBF games.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The part of the game where you're on foot, top-down view. It looks like you control the character with the D-pad and aim the blaster with the touch screen. Best control scheme ever.

On an unrelated note, who'd like to see Smash TV on the DS?

b3nj4m1n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Veho said:
The part of the game where you're on foot, top-down view. It looks like you control the character with the D-pad and aim the blaster with the touch screen. Best control scheme ever.

On an unrelated note, who'd like to see Smash TV on the DS?

that's what it looks like to me too, if so might be kinda fun. space battles look lame, i think they are planar so you can go left and right but not up and down.. =\

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...