Gaming Star Ocean: First Departure help?

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
A friend of mine is playing Star Ocean: First Departure and has been having a few problems. I'll quote directly what they said, since they're having a very specific problem, but I will hide the place they're at with spoilers (you know, since it spoils things).

QUOTE said:
Star Ocean PSP is so haaaaard!
Basically, i'm at the Purgatorium inner sanctum.
I know i'm supposed to be lvl 50 but all of my characters except Pericci are lvl 30 to 33 or 34 or something. For some reason only 1/10 of attacks from any characters except the magic users cause any damage over 0. Pericci is my highest leveled character, but all her attacks deal 0 damage, even her specials, so she's only good for using that stupid skill that distracts the enemies with girls in the sky! What do I dooooooooooo? This FAQ isn't helping because it says to level grind just outside a town but that'll take forever because outside this freakin place i'm overleveled and get crap exp. I could go do that thing on Mt metorx for exp but i'm underleveled for that too and can't do that either. You helping me now. Go ask your peeps.

I'm thinking she means she needs help figuring out a good place to grind for her characters' levels, but I'm not entirely sure. She was quite spastic about it and started mentioning things like the arena and someone named Erys.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ryupower said:
get max eq for your party

get skill
level fighting skill
use ITEM CREATION (Customization)

grind
My friend replied to that with this:

QUOTEYou're and idiot. Creating items doesn't do anything to help my party level. Also, wtf is eq. And I know I should grind, stupid. But everywhere in the whole game i'm either too overleveled to get good enough exp to only have to grind for 20 minutes or too underleveled to win any battles.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
You're friend should stop being so rude and ungrateful, no one will help them with that attitude.
That's what I said. They're simply frustrated. Apparently, they have been around the entire overworld of the game and cannot find a place to grind that is appropriate for their level.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
eq?

weapons and armor,
getting best eq , for where you are, helps

setting the right accessories

many RPGs it takes TIME to level
some game I spend 1h-2h+ getting money and leveling

use the right party

1, a mage
1, a healer
2, fighters

set the right formation
and
tactics for each party member

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ryupower said:
eq?

weapons and armor,
getting best eq , for where you are, helps

setting the right accessories

many RPGs it takes TIME to level
some game I spend 1h-2h+ getting money and leveling

use the right party

1, a mage
1, a healer
2, fighters

set the right formation
and
tactics for each party member
According to them, they've got everything done right except the leveling is off. They also say they only have time to play the game about 20-30 minutes at a time, so hours of grinding isn't plausible for them because they'd like to get some storyline-based stuff done within each play session.

Edit) Nevermind, they found some ability called Train.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021